Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

She filed a report tonight.
I didn’t watch it very closely, but she seemed alright.

1 Like

[quote=“Radiohead, post:1840, topic:148, full:true”]
She filed a report tonight… but she seemed alright.
[/quote] She is an okay reporter, but probably not worth poaching for Sydney’s number 1 news, when they could get another senior reporter.

2 Likes

Zara James also did some reporting for Ten Sydney a few years back if I’m not mistaken. As I’m sure we’re aware, hiring ex-Ten Sydney reporters certainly isn’t a new thing for TCN!

I think Zara is also originally from Sydney, so the opportunity to return home and be part of the most watched TV news bulletin in the city was probably too good to pass down.

Yeah, probably not quite as big of an addition to the team as some of the other Brisbane turned Sydney reporters we’ve seen come from Nine in recent years but I’m sure she’ll do well over time.

2 Likes

Airlie Walsh presentied Monday & Tueaday
and Thursday & Friday Early News.

1 Like

Agreed. After the Seven News Sydney weekend ratings in the last few months, we could classify Michael Usher on weekends as another ‘Seven News fail’?

That’s a big call considering he hasn’t even been there for a year. However I think it’s Marks fault, usually the weeknight presenter has an influence on viewers watching on weekends (unless it’s QLD) I can see Usher doing well just not when you have Mark leading the Sydney market. :blush:

4 Likes

Davina Smith has returned to presenting Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News this week.

2 Likes

Nine News Darwin with Zara James (nee Rattue), thanks @Abesty :

1 Like

Georgie Gardner is presenting Nine News Sydney tonight.

5 Likes

Cameron Williams was on sport, and when he crossed back to Georgie, she said to him “Nice to see you, Cam” (presumably in reference to their rare pairing on the 6pm news), though I thought it seemed a bit odd to say that. Kind of implies that they never see each other anywhere else but on set.

1 Like

Amelia Adams is presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

Is it because Deb was presenting on Today?

With GG presenting last night & Deborah Knight tonight… I wonder if Pete will be presenting a special edition of Nine News with Schapelle Corby returning home this weekend?

5 Likes

Is that a threat? :slight_smile: Hating the suggestion already.

2 Likes

Federal politics reporter Lauren Gianoli has moved from Canberra to the Gold Coast. She filed a report for Nine Gold Coast News tonight.

5 Likes

I believe she was filling in for Kerrie Yaxley who just came back from maternity leave

Wasn’t that Joel Dry who was filling in for Kerrie while she was on leave?

3 Likes

@ScreenTower yes Joel Dry was filling in for Kerrie when she was on maternity leave.
I did notice Adelaide reporter Rory McClaren was reporting from Canberra this week.

3 Likes

IIRC, Lauren Gianoli replaced John O’Doherty (who I thought was a great political reporter) around December/January 2013/14.

John O’Doherty left a little earlier than that, but in any case he’s a senior government media advisor these days.

Like a number of other reporters, Lauren Gianoli came to Nine from 2GB/Macquarie National News.

2 Likes