Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Truly embarrassing to watch.

Just wouldn’t get this type of stuff out of Melbourne.

2 Likes

What makes it worse is when Georgie Gardner anchors the next bulletin and does it with such class:

2 Likes

Due to rain in Melbourne play in the cricket has stopped so Tom Steinfort is presenting the Afternoon News bulletin today.

4 Likes

Tom also did it on Tuesday and Wednesday. Meanwhile regular day time presenters Davina Smith and Jayne Azzopardi are reporting for 9 News in Sydney.

Ben Avery from Nine Adelaide is reporting in Sydney this week.

2 Likes

@lepatron Jayne stopped presenting Morning & Afternoon bulletins when Tom Steinfort returned. Mark Burrows was presenting Monday & Tuesday and Tom Steinfort was on from Wednesday - Friday for last few weeks.

1 Like

So if that continues next year, you’d have both weekend today hosts sharing the morning & afternoon news. (Deb & Tom)

@lepatron l suppose it will depend what roster Davina Smith works,l think Deb will continue her Fridays again next year.
@nationalnews mentioned a while ago that Davina was suppose to return to Morning & Afternoon.
Normally when someone returns from maternity leave they ease them in with shorter hours for a while,before returning to full time work .Prior to her maternity leave Davina was working the Monday- Thursday roster.

2 Likes

@lepatron I suppose it might be easier for Davina to file a report than wait on stand-by for hours in case the cricket finishes. We will see next week what her roster will be, but I say that she will return to the Monday-Thursday roster eventually.

1 Like

Nine persisting with Ben Fordham again this weekend. He’s terrible, no idea why they’d risk their ratings with a reader as bad as him.

11 Likes

I agree.

Where is Deborah Knight and Jayne Azzopardi?!

2 Likes

Deb is working on radio for the next few weeks, as @salty referenced earlier. I honestly, though, don’t know why they aren’t using Jayne Azzoparardi.

I did think that a V/O for Ben last weekend was a little suspicious. It looks like he will be on for the next few weekends. :persevere:

2 Likes

Funny how Beny Fordham won the 1st half of last Friday’s bulletin, but lost by a huge margin against Musher at 6pm, even Reaso is a star anchor in comparison. Tom Steinfort would’ve been a better choice if they had to get someone from Weekend Today.

1 Like

IMO, anyone in the news department would have been better than Ben. Mark Burrows, Davina Smith, Jayne Azzopardi, Sylvia Jeffreys, Leila McKinnon (and put Ben on ACA), Cameron Williams are just some suggestions. Maybe Peter Stefanovic was scheduled to do the bulletin Friday/Saturday but couldn’t do tonight because he was sick (he was absent from Today this am).

5 Likes

I’ve seen some odd choices of fill in newsreaders on other networks over the years , but Nine normally have made the right choices.Ben should be fronting ACA as @nationalnews mentioned,fronting tabloid crap suits him!

Also as we know Sophie Walsh has presented weather from Tuesday- Friday this week.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree that Ben Fordham should be presenting A Current Affair. Probably the program on Nine I’d associate him with most, obviously because of Fordo’s past as an ACA reporter.

Sophie Walsh on weather was the only good “out of the ordinary” presenter choice that Nine News Sydney has made this week. As I’ve said before, she should be 2nd in line behind Amber and in front of Belinda!

4 Likes

We have been talking about Mark Ferguson in the Seven News thread this afternoon. I would rather watch him over Fordham. Ben, dare I say, is the worst fill-in Nine News Sydney has had in more than 5 years.

4 Likes

Maybe Sarah Harris. She did fill-in early in December:

2 Likes

How can we ever forget the time that Peter Harvey (may he rest in peace :cry:) presented Nine News Sydney with his arm out to one side back in Late 2010? I wonder if anyone’s still got footage of that!

I seem to recall Sarah Harris filling in on Nine News Sydney for a few days around that time and that the “This is Nine New…With Sarah Harris” VO in that clip was changed after only a day or two as well.

Also, Roz Kelly on Sport! How a lot has changed in a bit over four years…

4 Likes

You know that I never noticed this until you mentioned it at the GC relaunch. Now every night I chuckle.

2 Likes

I find Georgie Gardner’s voiceover (by Peter Harvey) awkward. ‘This is Nine News, with Georgie Garden…’ (?)

1 Like