Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

In case anyone ever doubted:

[quote=“Nine’s Sydney news director Simon Hobbs, topic:148”]
There’s no question that Georgie [Gardner] would be Nine’s No 1 news reader if Pete were to fall over tomorrow…
[/quote] In the article titled ’ Georgie Gardner in showdown with Seven’s Michael Usher’ from The Australian, Georgie also discusses preparing to take on Michael Usher on Seven News in coming weeks.

1 Like

Brenton Ragless presented Adelaide’s news solo tonight.

1 Like

You don’t really need to convince me that Nine trusts all it’s newsreaders, even though Overton, Gardner and Knight in that order are so obviously the network’s three main choices for Sydney’s 6pm news by quite a huge margin.

Although I must say that if we were to see the potential scenario where Michael Usher is appointed the new Sunday-Thursday newsreader of Seven News Sydney to their ratings benefit, I do wonder whether Nine would stick with Peter Overton or eventually switch to Georgie Gardner for a point of difference.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. Overton is better than Usher, whose slightly wooden presentation is more suited to staid WIN style bulletin.

4 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Channel 9 Sydney looking more like a regional station tonight! Everyone seems to have the day off. Guess if your in front you can do that.

…and Tim Gilbert is presenting Sydney Sport.

2 Likes

Alison Ariotti anchoring solo in Queensland tonight.

With the AFL, Nine probably knew they weren’t going to win tonight so Jayne is presenting. This is her first time at 6, right? However, I would have thought that Nine would have worked this out better with Georgie Gardner, Deborah Knight and Peter Stefanovic all on leave at the same time.

It is starting to feel like summer. Heaps of annual leave this past month, mainly from Nine.

1 Like

I believe Jayne Azzopardi has presented some Sydney 6pm bulletins before, back in December 2014.

Anyway, Jayne’s filled in on numerous Morning/Afternoon bulletins since then so I think Nine would more than confident enough to use her as a presenter for Sydney’s 6pm news on a more regular basis (presuming that Pete, GG, Deb and Karl’s brother aren’t available, of course) by now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

19/12/14

3 Likes

with no voiceover intro or presenter super for her.

1 Like

The thing is, Nine actually does have a “…with Jayne Azzopardi” voiceover from Matthew O’Sullivan which has been used on the national bulletins she’s filled in on before.

But I guess Nine News Sydney really don’t want to move on from the Peter Harvey voiceovers even though it’s been over three (closer to four now, actually) since his death.

4 Likes

Weird you say that because when Michael Usher filled in a couple of months back, Matthew O’Sullivan did a voice over for him

2 Likes

Belinda Russell is presenting Sydney weather on tonight’s special half hour Grand Final bulletin.

1 Like

@nationalnews yes the other regular fill ins were away so Jayne gets her chance on 6pm bulletin, which is great news!
Jayne in the past two years of regular fill in presenting roles really impressed me this girl has talent and this year she has her permanent weekend newsreader role on Today. I think she has a very bright future with Nine .

3 Likes

I thought she did a great job. Obviously, not Peter Overton material but another great addition to Nine News Sydney’s excellent line-up.

[quote=“Salty, post:609, topic:148”]
Jayne has … really impressed me …I think she has a very bright future with Nine .
[/quote] She certainly has a future at Nine, likely as a national newsreader. In addition, she has improved her presenting style immensely in the past few years.

3 Likes

I completely agree!

Jayne Azzopardi is definitely one of Nine News’ biggest rising stars of recent years, and with last nights ratings (Nine News actually did narrowly win the ratings in Sydney last night despite the AFL leading to Seven News ratings victories in other markets), I think we’ll probably be seeing her used as a fill-in on Nine News Sydney a little more often now.

3 Likes

[quote=“nationalnews, post:610, topic:148”]
I thought she did a great job. Obviously, not Peter Overton material but another great addition to Nine News Sydney’s excellent line up.
[/quote]l’m not saying she is in the same league as Peter,she is only at the beginning of her presenting career.My point is she is a young talent and in the years to come she might make small steps up the ladder.Peter,Georgie and Deb are three of the best newsreaders in this country in my opinion and have been in the game for many years.

4 Likes

I know you weren’t the one comparing mate, I was.[quote=“Salty, post:612, topic:148”]
My point is she is a young talent and in the years to come she might make small steps up the ladder
[/quote]

Completely agree. From someone who was on my dislike list to now me liking her presenting style, is a great feat! :wink:

And that is what makes Nine News Sydney, Sydney’s number 1.

3 Likes

Sadly the same thing can’t be said about Fergo, Mel and Chris Reason at Seven. That might all change when Michael Usher appears in Seven this month.

1 Like