Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Friday 5 July & Saturday 6 July -

Mark Burrows is presenting in Sydney with Deb Knight on holidays.

4 Likes

He has a green card.

2 Likes

Dougal Beatty is presenting First at Five News and Melbourne News again this weekend.

4 Likes

Is it me or is Andrew Lund is a transport correspondent? By seeing these news reports about an autonomous bus and arts in train stations in Sweden.

2 Likes

Mark Burrows presenting 6pm news tonight in Sydney.

Unusual for a Sunday night in particular.

3 Likes

Renae Henry just filed a report whereby she appeared on screen looking very much like she was videoing herself with a mobile phone, That footage was very ordinary quality.

I agree…but Mark Burrows was probably chosen to present Sydney’s 6pm bulletin tonight and possibly for the entire week because both Deborah Knight (went on her couple of weeks break after Monday’s post-Logies edition of Today) and likely now Peter Overton are on holidays.

You have to remember that both Pete & Deb have school aged children and while major news can happen at just about any time, one would presume that Nine would vastly prefer their highest profile on-air presenters to take their leave in early July when every other family with children (a demographic which I suspect makes up a decent chunk of the audiences for Today & Nine News Sydney) in NSW is on school holidays. That and the fact early July is often a quieter time of year for news with both state and federal parliament usually on a break, Summertime in the Northern Hemisphere and all the rest.

Sunday (07.07.2019):

Belinda Russell presented Sydney’s weather.

https://twitter.com/belindarussell_/status/1147784651701833728?s=20

2 Likes

You have given this far too much thought.

It’s because @SydneyCityTV knows this topic intimately. He is the acknowledged expert on Nine News Sydney.

8 Likes

While I really appreciate the praise, I’m sure there are some things about Nine News Sydney that I don’t already and perhaps may never know on the basis that I have not (nor am likely to ever, due to various factors) watch every single one of the 22,000 or so evening news bulletins which have aired on the station since 1956.

Like every other media organisation in town, I’m also unsure whether the folks at TCN have a positive or negative opinion about the online username of SydneyCityTV.

6 Likes

Future Hard Quiz contestant?

4 Likes

I think so.

1 Like

and Gold Logie winner

7 Likes

Monday 8 July -

Elizabeth Bryan is presenting Early News.

Sophie Walsh is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney.

Amber Sherlock is back presenting weather in Sydney tonight.

Monday 8 July - Wednesday 10 July :

Dougal Beatty presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne with Brett McLeod still on holidays.

4 Likes

Peter Overton will be back presenting in Sydney tonight

7 Likes

Perth reporter Michael Genovese is holding the fort in Canberra this week.

2 Likes

Tuesday 9 July -

Zara James is presenting Early News.

2 Likes

Livinia continuing to learn:

7 Likes

Livinia presented the weather on the Afternoon News and 6pm bulletin in Melbourne from the Bureau of Meteorology.

6 Likes