Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Before looking into shaking up the metro markets, Channel Nine really should evaluate if there regional news in the long term is viable, because the way I’m seeing it, is they have invested so much money into something that is crap and now its affecting the metro markets.

2 Likes

Hugh Marks made a captain’s call with Alison Langdon going to Weekend Today … maybe the Perth bonings were his decisions now that he appears to be taking more hands on control??

1 Like

How is Nine Regional News affecting the metros?

2 Likes

Channel Nine Perth newsreaders always change anchors. Emmy and Tim had great chemistry on Nine News Perth since 2013. Bad from Channel Nine Perth.

Rick and Sue on 7 has been presenting the news for Channel 7 Perth since 1985

Didn’t Emmy join Tim in April 2015? Just after Libby Stone departed back to Brisbane?

Natalia Cooper was on STW and TVW in Perth doing the weather who is now weather girl on Today since 2016

To me (unless they’re about to poach Rick & Sue) this decision reads as an indication that Nine has begun to see the Perth market as a lost cause after a few years of trying to improve the ratings. Would not be surprised to see further cuts follow.

1 Like

Wow that is shocking news. Will Emmy continue to read the afternoon news?

Given she no longer works at Nine, it’d be a surprise.

11 Likes

You would suspect unless they poach Rick and Sue, which would be hard to see unless they threw unreasonable buckets of money at them, they will revert to a single-header bulletin here and either one of them was on too much money to keep on their own.

This is very disappointing. Yes, they aren’t award-winning anchors but the best option for Nine was to stick it through.

I am surprised they got rid of Emmy, as I suspected she was a strong name to front the bulletin after her years on Seven News Perth.

Tim was not a very good anchor but I at least thought he should be demoted to weekends. Liam Bartlett, IMO, is the strongest male contender for the position (if he even wants to return back to Perth).

I daresay they will move Louise Momber to weekdays, when she returns from ML in 2018.

2018 will also be an interesting year for Nine News Brisbane. With Seven likely to have both their weekday and weekend bulletins a single-header, Nine will have two options.

1. Seven News loses more in ratings weeknights. Nine will be happy they kept with Andrew and Melissa.
  2. The solo bulletin with Sharyn works in Seven’s favour. And if the past is anything to go buy, Nine will soon follow suit. However, unlike Seven, I expect they to keep both Andrew and Melissa, with Downes demoted to weekends.

If that’s true, I have not liked one of his decisions. First Lisa, then taking Deb off WT and now bringing instability to a sinking ship.

2 Likes

Rick and/or Sue is the only option for Nine News Perth. If new management aren’t doing everything they can to secure at least one of them, then they should be sacked too.

Have they both worked for 7 their whole career? Because if they have, then I highly doubt that they’d jump ship.

1 Like

Terrible decision Nine… you’re only going backwards.

The brand over their needs constancy, not knee jerk reactions.

11 Likes

Again your obssession with getting only the top readers in the city is bizarre.

Rick and Sue are rating very, very well on Seven, why would they move to the lowest rating station in the city?

Tim and Emmy are a solid pairing IMO. At the very least, they should keep Emmy if they wanted to swing the axe.

5 Likes

$$$

Everyone has their price. I don’t think they will say no to a 7 figure salary.

Rick and Sue arent moving LOL

Liam Bartlett? No thanks.

Lou is good but cant hold her own.

A team of young guns? Summer series all year long?

I was one who switched from 7 to 9 for these guys :neutral_face:

This is a disaster all over.

14 Likes

Aren’t Rick and especially Sue in the twilight years of their newsreading careers? If so, I can’t really see Nine poaching them.

In any case, Nine Perth needs a newsreader or two who’ll be there in the long run rather than a quick sugar fix that will wear off when the popular newsreader(s) retire. Case in point: Seven News Sydney with Ian Ross. He was popular with viewers and turned the bulletin from a ratings basketcase into a clear #1 but once Roscoe thanked us for our company for the final time, viewers flocked back to Nine within a few years. The same would likely happen if Nine News Perth poached Rick & Sue from Seven.

5 Likes

That’s a tough break. Surprising also because in my opinion Tim is one of the best male anchors in the biz. I thought 9 was gaining ground in the West?

15 Likes