Nine News Local

That promo is very sheppaton related might also be having a seperate one for the Albury region

Does everyone in that area call it “Border North East”?

Most in Albury/Wodogna would call it “The Border”.
Shepparton and Wangaratta areas would go “North East”.

“Border North East” sounds weird to me. “Border and North East” would probably be more appropriate.

9 Likes

But isn’t shepparton in the goulbourn valley

2 Likes

Anyone got an videos/caps of 9 News Western VIC? Would love to see it :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Maybe they should take Vanessa away from news reading in southern NSW/ACT and have her do the weather on Nine News Victoria.

Sonia, the current weather presenter is pretty awful.

The Canberra news had a story about an ACT government proposal to split the Land Development Agency into two new agencies. The LDA office is in the TransACT building on Northbourne Ave, so oddly there were about four shots of the TransACT sign on the building despite the story not being about TransACT at all. This news still has more than a few problems.

1 Like

yes it is, but technically it is the western edge of the North East region.
Good luck to SCA 9 for having a combined Albury-Shepparton bulletin, they are going to need it seeing though Prime7 is a strong leader in Albury and WIN in Shepparton due to being incumbent stations. Expect WIN to reply as “100% Shepparton/Goulburn Valley/Southern Riverina” in its promos!

2 Likes

That particular joint bulletin already appears to have a majority skew towards the Albury market just going off the Border Mail article posted earlier. I suppose the competition of going up against two existing local bulletins in that market might have affected this, versus the single one in Shepparton…

Albury
3 x Journalists
2 x Camera Operators

Shepparton
1 x Video Journalist

The VJ position is reminiscent of the Weeknights GV days, although even that had more reporters in the local team working on the 30 minute show.

Shepparton is also at the very edge of the broadcast area, so most of the other towns would be easily covered from Albury.

Any way nine can get Maryborough Vic correct on the map it’s been happening tonight and last night the only time it was correct was Monday

They will all soon discover that the presentation is (slightly) more important than the content. Prime has the best track record for investing in the presentation of the three players - and they’ve shown this again with the refresh they’ve done for their 6pm bulletin.

If viewers feel like they’re watching cheap, Channel 31 style news with work experience presenters, they won’t be enticed to tune in. I’ve seen many published comments about ‘losing the Peters’ in regional areas which goes to show where the priorities are.

A great read-out with strong chemistry between anchor/weather/sport will make or break a bulletin. I just hope we see more making than breaking - regional viewers have been through all this before!

2 Likes

IIRC Around 2012 I was down there on a V/Line and saw a WIN News billboard on what looked like the newsroom.

I got to see the first 15 mins of Nine News Canberra last night.

I thought it was quite good, particularly when you consider it’s only been on air for 1 month.

And the format was very NBN style, three national news report, then a block of local news (6 minutes) all of which was Canberra content, and a throw from the end of the local block to the ad break with a different CHL theme music piece so that all regions went to the ad break at the same time.

2 Likes

So they are finally fixing up the content order I am guessing?

9 News Western Victoria has now started to post videos on their facebook, better late than never but this should of be set up from day 1. Also good to see the stories they have posted have been outside of the main hub, it gives me hope they will cover more than just Bendigo when our bulltin goes live next week

no Maryborough shown on tonights weather

i know i saw that wonder why:( hope i didnt do anything when i said it was placed in the wrong spot:(

2 Likes

Here are all the Facebook pages for anyone keeping track

9 News Canberra
9 News Illawarra
9 News Central West
9 News Riverina
9 News Western Victoria

1 Like

44 likes

Noice

4 Likes