Nine News Local

Whoops.
9 News Reg. QLD opened on a zoomed in shot of Samantha only.

Then the camera zoomed itself out to show both of them.

It also appeared there may have been an autocue issue, as Jono was reading from his paper script.

2 Likes

Now… while Sam was introing a story, mid-sentence, she completely disappeared off the screen.
She was still talking, and we could still see the keyed background, but not her.

2 Likes

Central West Backdrop used during the Illawarra Newsbreak.

8 Likes

How yesterday’s (26th January 2018) Illawarra bulletin began…

4 Likes

But it bears fruit:

The clean fake set graphic for mockers.

5 Likes

It’s good PR, got a lot of people talking about 9 News. The BBC has run similar stories when things go wrong (see below).

Just a shame that hiccups like that showcase how low-rent their video news cupboard is.

3 Likes

Terrible opening on 9 News Reg. QLD last night.

Opener played out as usual, then Sam and Jono appeared on screen for about 2 seconds before we went to black.

Then while they were still talking away, the side-by-side live cross boxes graphic appeared, with both video feeds black (as they did in fact cross to a reporter live in Mackay).

Then we cut to a full screen view of the reporter as the camera was zooming in and he was getting ready

5 Likes

Saw a local promo earlier in the week for 9 News featuring Sam and Jono in popular Townsville locations, walking around and talking to locals.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get a recording of it, and haven’t seen it again.

3 Likes

Looks like Vanessa is finally having a holiday going by her last instagram post.

5 Likes

52 consecutive weeks of presenting Nine News in Canberra…is that an Australian record? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, it’ll be very interesting to see who be the first ever fill-in presenter of Nine News Southern NSW/ACT.

2 Likes

Is that a Nine/GO! mousepad on the desk?

1 Like

Has Mike ever read/reported on news? If so, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just moved him over and had Alissa on sport.

I also think Natassia Apolloni is a likelihood.

It would appear that VIC’s bulletin is the closest state to producing a local news that is the most similar to the metro (with Melbourne’s reporters filling-in). Unfortunately, I doubt that this will happen in NSW, happy to be wrong though.

1 Like

Mike Lorigan has done general news reporting before, but I don’t think he’s actually presented a news bulletin apart from the Sports segment.

1 Like

Mike Lorigan presenting SNSW tonight.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Bulletin

4 Likes

Natassia Apolloni presenting is sport.

1 Like

7 Likes

Illawarra montage:

7 Likes

Looks like this isn’t the case. Mike isn’t too crash hot IMO (a lot like Mark Ferguson actually).