Nine News Local

WIN do that in some of their social media posts, example:

Take a look at what’s making news today.

Full details tonight at 6pm.
Channel 8 & 80(HD) | #WINNews6pm

6 Likes

Hearing word that 9 and NBN local news will be suspended from tomorrow to free up staff. All regional areas will receive their respective metro bulletin instead for the foreseeable future.

9 Likes

They’ll be sending some regional reporters to metro areas as back ups.

1 Like

I’m confused… Is this a temporary measure or are they axed completely?

4 Likes

Just a couple of weeks is what I’ve heard. Some from regional will be assigned to metro.

1 Like

But they will still have to meet the local content quota?

7 Likes

Just guseeing but they might make the bulletin Nine News NSW/VIC/QLD (statewide edition).

2 Likes

My source says it will be the metro bulletins in regional areas. There will be no regional staff producing regional news for the next couple of weeks.

6 Likes

then if this true win tv and prime 7 local news ratings will rise

2 Likes

Unlikely. 7 News Sydney is number 1 in Canberra against 2 local news bulletins.

6 Likes

not where iam it dont . win news outrates 9 local news

1 Like

Jo Hall just announced that was the last local bulletin for now, Nine News Melbourne to air in regional areas until further notice it seems.

Local news updates to remain (I’m guessing to still meet local content requirements).

11 Likes

Seem rather contemptuous of their regional viewers.

7 Likes

You would think Nine can make their non-flagship daytime bulletins national to free up staff.

4 Likes

Wow! Just heard the announcement at the end of the local bulletin. No more Regional QLD News until further notice.
I’m actually gutted. Can’t believe Nine would do this

5 Likes

Same for NSW

2 Likes

What does it mean for NT viewers? Will they get Nine News from Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide?

1 Like

I presume Brisbane.

1 Like

Hopefully they do a local bulletin for the NT - at least maybe a half hour at 6:30, given there’s a delay anyway between them and Queensland.

1 Like

is this because of the convid-19??