Nine News Local

It’s right near the Wollongong CBD, so it’s very recognisable to those in the Illawarra.

3 Likes

Obviously Wollongong is the dominant city in the market

1 Like

If the local content of Nine News Illawarra is anything like that of WIN News Illawarra, it’s probably very Wollongong/Nowra-centric outside of the Weather which does cover the full viewing area.

It’s understandable that the bigger population areas get the most coverage, but you do have to wonder if viewers further down the South Coast and in the Southern Highlands identify with the Wollongong/Nowra-centric content.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Just an idea, why couldn’t 9 news SNSW broadcast from the Today set?

Gotcha

just seen the ad vert for 9 news western victoria starting march 6th

2 Likes

What a terribly written article!

Nine News Albury Shepparton will put Border items into a seven to 10-minute segment which will follow the first advertising break.

That’s quite different to the structure of the NSW bulletin from the rundown posted - where they used multiple shorter windows.

Hopefully it’s called Nine News North East, rather than “Albury Shepparton” - odd that the place where SC bothered doing Weeknights for so long gets lumped in with Albury.

4 Likes

In terms of ratings at the moment, who’s ahead in Albury Prime7 or WIN?

Prime7 by far.

2 Likes

Just saw a promo for 9 News Central Victoria (Bendigo) but just stated coming soon and in the next set of commericals they had a 9 News Melbourne promo

5 Likes

It would have been good if 9News Melbourne was at 6 and have the Local News at either 5:30 or 7.

5 Likes

Definitely would prefer 5.30 so that regionals get the “polished” metro bulletins :wink:

5 Likes

90 mn of news is too long (I miss the old 30 mn combined local/national/international bulletins).

3 Likes

It seems to have been working on the Gold Coast and all 7 QLD stations?

2 Likes

True, but I still think 90 mn is too long (obviously an opinion), and the viewers in those regions don’t exactly have a choice, do they? (Other than skipping the local news.)

Just gold
Coast

All
Other cities in qld have local news at 6

Doesn’t 7 local news run at 5.30? Or do they run at 6 and have a cut version of Brisbane at 6.30?

I stand by my earlier stated opinion; 90 mn is too long. Plus I don’t see ACA (nor Today Tonight when it aired here) as news, just as I don’t see Burger King or McDonalds as restaurants.

3 Likes