Nine News Late

Isn’t she always Sydney based? She presents the morning and afternoon news in Sydney usually.

3 Likes

Yeah but her family moved back to QLD

1 Like

Yes, Davina’s Sydney based, but I think JPA was referring to her stints recently in QLD reporting.

I think there’s more going on behind the scenes for Davina but best not to go into that.

4 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t see anything in the presenters thread about her returning to Sydney, so I wasn’t sure if she was back there.

2 Likes

She’s on the Sydney Set

2 Likes

Montage from tonight

6 Likes

Davina is in Sydney. She’s presenting the morning news

2 Likes
2 Likes

Amber Sherlock presenting tonight.

4 Likes

I’m guessing Jane Goldsmith doesn’t present the late news from Newcastle any longer, as both Natalia Cooper and Tracy Vo presented this week’s late news.

Mon & Tue: Natalia
Wed & Thur: Tracy

6 Likes

Been like that since end of March with the above presenter lineup with Michael Thomson filling in on a few Thursdays

2 Likes

I’m guessing Nine have decided it’s easier and cheaper to get Perth to do the late news every night. Which seems logical to me, whether it stays that way come DST again is another thing.

11 Likes

Why wouldn’t it?

Because the timing of the Late News might get too close to overlapping with the Perth 6pm bulletin (in DST, 7pm in WA is 10pm in NSW/ACT/VIC/TAS).

6 Likes

Maybe they could build a separate studio?

They did have separate studios in Sydney for Nine’s national and Sydney bulletins in the 10s decade, until the time Nine News Now disappeared from the schedule in November 2019, never to return.

I also think it was during that 2017-19 period that the National Morning News began to be broadcast from the Sydney set that’s still in use today.

1 Like

Wasn’t the early news broadcasted from Studio 23, or did it come from Studio 24?

ACA also came from Studio 23 prior to the move to North Sydney.

1 Like

Amber will be presenting the Sunday night bulletin

3 Likes

Something to think about… could Peter Overton have quietly stepped down from the Sunday night late news? I’ve noticed he hasn’t presented for a few weeks now.

He’s probably still recovering post-op, hence he hasn’t read the late news.

5 Likes