Nine News Late

4 Likes

Darwin? And eventually Hobart if that ever eventuates.

4 Likes

Nothing else to see here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Local cross to Newcastle

Prerecorded Finance (as per usual)

15 Likes

Will we get one of the fuller bulletins with multiple live crosses (usually to each of the eastern markets) or one with pre-records that we have seen towards the end of the week recently? So far a pre-record and a live cross to the Sydney newsroom.

2 Likes

I wonder if Jane might be in Sydney instead of Newcastle. She’s done some stints at TCN occasionally.

EDIT: Never mind she’s in Newcastle.

2 Likes

Nice seeing Jane do it, thankfully they didn’t make her drive down to Sydney for it like she used to for the Early News.

6 Likes

In Newcastle. Refer to above tweet she made. (You can make out the NBN set)

3 Likes

Cross to Newcastle haha

4 Likes

Quite the dynamic bulletin tonight including the cross to Newcastle. Perth was the only metro market without a cross (** If you don’t count the weather :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

2 Likes

What’s the (suggested) reason for this tonight?

1 Like

Looks like an update to the QTQ newsroom camera too?

1 Like

The bulletin was read out of Newcastle (NBN). A first for a national bulletin.

1 Like

Yes I know. My Q was why? All of the capital cities unavailable? Or another reason?

2 Likes

Oh sorry, misunderstood. Can’t answer that, but my theory is that they just want to give a bit of exposure to each of the local newsreaders nationally.
Can’t see why else they’d otherwise present from smaller markets such as Adelaide as well.

3 Likes

I hadn’t seen Jane present before today, nor did I know she existed, she’s a hidden gem!

4 Likes

It’s the new normal…

1 Like
8 Likes

Perhaps contract negotiations are comping up with some prominent readers and Nine are demonstrating that no-one is irreplaceable :wink:

7 Likes

Building in redundancy in case a cyber attack affects a number of stations?

I was worried the static Newcastle backdrop and NBN News logo might make a unscheduled appearance! Looks like I need not have worried. And as I have noticed in the past how Newcastle likes to put its NBN logo in the network product.

2 Likes