Nine News Late

The Latest seems to live stream on Facebook. Or some of it I believe.

1 Like

Big bulletin tonight with multiple live crosses across the 30 minutes especially focusing on Australian stories.

13 Likes

Gotham City backdrop still ugly AF

3 Likes

Was a great bulletin bar one thing… the host :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Am watching the late news tonight and Michael’s presentation has somewhat improved. Not a lot of shouting but he does seem to have a habit of raising his voice to a climax and then dropping down. He also seems to move about quite a bit as he presents, which is a bit distracting.

5 Likes

One hour edition in the schedule next Sunday

5 Likes

During tonight’s Late News, I saw Perth weather presenter Scherri-Lee Biggs. Is this the first time she has appeared on the bulletin?

1 Like

As of Sunday, Scherri-Lee Biggs is presenting weather from the Perth studios

Sounds like Sunday’s hour long bulletins will have a finance update with Brooke Corte. (Scott Phillips does Mon-Thurs)

Plus Clint Stanaway is presenting sport (first time we’ve seen sport during the late news)

7 Likes

Assuming that’s not a mistake which Nine later corrects, 2+ straight hours of news/current affairs (60 Minutes) is probably too much in peak primetime

Nine’s Sunday 9.30pm news has been one of the only 9.30 shows that is consistently rating well. It’s good flow from 60 Minutes hour long news works at 4pm and 6pm. Nine has nothing else other thanUK Botox specials and US cable crime specials.

7 Likes

Was just about to mention Clint presenting (noticed it on my Twitter feed).

Looks like they are making some good changes to the bulletin.

2 Likes

So that’s 3 Bulletins for Clint on a Sunday. 5pm National, 6pm, Late News. Hopefully gets a pay rise!

3 Likes

Gosh, a 7 hour shift, poor thing. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

He wouldn’t of started at 5pm.

Just for the hour bulletins I’d say, which now might be every Sunday. Good changes- I really liked Brooke actually.

2 Likes

Sunday caps:

12 Likes

Horrid depressing backdrop

2 Likes

The backdrop is gross.

A newsroom backdrop would do.

2 Likes

I must be in the minority of people who actually like the late backdrop. It’s easy on the eye at such a late hour of the day IMO.

8 Likes

Why can’t they do a stylized beauty shot of a skyline

4 Likes