Nine News Late

Why would they do it from Newcastle?

they own the station and it’s available

5 Likes

Minor thing but do they really need to say “MELBOURNE, VIC” instead of just “MELBOURNE” etc? Most other stations from what I recall just use city name if common enough

3 Likes

Could be Melbourne, Florida. I get confused between the two a lot. /s

2 Likes

agreed. for the capitals, and maybe some key places like GOLD COAST the state isn’t needed… does annoy me though when national bulletins just put ‘GYMPIE’ or ‘DEE WHY’ and I am like where the heck is that?

5 Likes

Early starts are doing very well for 9News Late and for the timeslot plus a lot watching on 9New (32k) for a national 334k at 10pm. Of course lead in is a big factor but that was Nine’s 9th best rated program for the day.

In that slot on Seven was First Dates with 131k while The Latest that then followed at 11:15 had 84k.

10 Likes

Well there you go. The fact that Nine treats the late news with some sort of respect timeslot wise is paying off in dividends. Seven piss farting around with The Latest at times when no one is watching anyway is not helping. They need to air that after the 8.30 program.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t be “the latest” then :wink:

I mean this new scheduling pattern is a new change, for a long time Nine’s offering bounced around the schedule like The Latest, so I wouldn’t be so quick to say they treat it with respect given it’s still early days.

2 Likes

Give it time, things may change in the coming weeks and months. Networks occasionally do these things, but the variable nature of Primetime programs means there is practically no consistency for anything between 9pm and 2am.

1 Like

And even earlier than that on weekends.

60 Minutes hasn’t had a consistent start time for years.

1 Like

Montage of last night’s Late News:

4 Likes

Former NBN reporters Mia Tyquin and Maddy Scott appeared as well. Always good to see reporters who move onwards and upwards.

4 Likes

Overton’s first late bulletin for the year, Peter Harvey’s VO was used in the opener

11 Likes
3 Likes

I still can’t understand why nobody else doesn’t find his delivery awful, gasping for air and looking uncomfortable the whole time.

2 Likes

He’s not as fit as he used to be and I think that is really impacting his voice and delivery.

1 Like

He’s literally seated during the news bulletin, I’m not sure his fitness level is affecting his delivery?

You don’t have to be jogging to show how unfit you are. A middle aged man can be affected by lack of fitness even when just seated and reading a teleprompter.

3 Likes

Last night’s weather and closer

2 Likes