Nine News Darwin

I’m hearing Nine News Darwin production will come via GTV Melbourne from April, with NBN News remaining at QTQ.

It’s unsure what will happen to NTD staff based at QTQ.

6 Likes

Wonder if this will result in any on air changes? (While I doubt it)

3 Likes

So Paul Taylor will move down to Melbourne?

1 Like

No, production - studio control. They could still have Paul present from Brisbane but be controlled in Melbourne.
Ideally they’d relocate to Darwin again though.

4 Likes

Presenter should be based in NT rather than QLD, especially if the bulletin is being controlled from Melbourne. No excuses now.

I doubt Darwin producers are happy about the move. It would’ve made more sense to have NBN shift to another city.

It seems like a whole lot of resources scattered everywhere just for a basic 6pm bulletin.

5 Likes

It would make more sense to move NBN to Sydney and keep Darwin at QTQ.

6 Likes

I thought Darwin’s Presentation was moving back?

2 Likes

Why?? Why would you move production further away from its broadcast area (not that it matters as much nowadays since everything is interconnected)?

Perhaps Melbourne is in a better position to take on another bulletin as opposed to Brisbane or Sydney? NBN News production must have tipped the scales for them. Too much workload.

Absolutely. There’s no excuse really. If Prime can do it for GWN, surely Nine can do it for NTD.

5 Likes

Set-up doesn’t need to be fancy either. Go the GWN route and put a desk in front of the newsroom. Or do what they have currently and just have a screen with either a backdrop or an image of the metro set.

2 Likes

NTD already has a suitable space - they just need to add some additional set elements (desk) and it will be good to go.

7 Likes

If Darwin is presented from QTQ, have it played out from QTQ, and move NBN to Melbourne. A whole lot less confusing.

5 Likes

A former NTD face will be presenting the Darwin bulletin tonight… :rotating_light:

6 Likes

1:00pm update with Tim Arvier -

13 Likes

Interesting choice. Definitely one of QTQ’s top reporters atm so I’m slightly surprised given how much news there is in SEQ currently, but good for NTD and Tim getting more anchoring experience.

1 Like

He has presented Nine News Darwin at least once before, in 2007 -

3 Likes

What are the chances of him being the new presenter once they move back to Darwin?? :thinking::thinking:

is this a thing?

1 Like

Its been rumoured that it may happen when production moves to GTV in April. They have the facilities to do so now.

1 Like

Darwin only now has the facilities?

They never stopped having the facilities. They’ve had a small studio ever since the move.

1 Like