Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah, incorporating the state badge (golden lion & eight point stars on the St George cross, as per the NSW flag) into the “O” of 2019 would’ve looked better than having the state map there IMO.

Hey, I much prefer that wideshot for the crosses to sport and weather. I always thought that OTS one was awkward.

And I still don’t agree with you, here. Have your resident Sydney reporters cover the stories for familarity but more importantly class.

The incident might have occurred in Northern NSW but this story was about court with the hearing in Sydney. As for the first on graphics, you can only imagine they were burnt onto the original file and archived like that.

Odd that they didn’t do the state badge considering that’s what they they did for SA last year.

1 Like

Local news for Queensland this morning at 11:30am

5 Likes

Any chance of video? :slight_smile:

Sorry unfortunately not. A couple more caps though.

6 Likes

A new voiceover from Matthew O’Sullivan debuted on the Gold Coast tonight, replacing the Peter Harvey V/O. No reference to 50 Cavill Avenue Surfers Paradise anymore.

6 Likes

Monday and Tuesday saw a new view of the coast for the opener but the voice over was the same.

Tonight a different scene was followed by a shot of the studio with "This is Nine Gold Coast news with Bruce Paige and Eva Milic.

7 Likes

thank god they are slowly bringing back voiceovers. Hopefully the weekday 6PM news is up next.

What do you mean? The GC and weekend news has always had a VO.

Dual standing opening

4 Likes

I mean voiceovers announcing the anchors.

Looks like floating hosts to me

I don’t know where to put this but on The hot breakfast this morning they were laughing about Tony Jones making some pretty disapproving sounds on air last night :rofl:.

1 Like

Ch. 9 at around 4.27pm Sydney time was the worst bit of television I’ve seen in a long time.
Doing pointless tweets at the wall with the weather presenter… why? And the tweets wouldn’t match up with her read. Then you couldn’t read the tweets. Her mic was on and off.
Then back to the newsreader who had no mic on and random wide shots of people not ready, then back to weather girl walking off set looking awkward.
What the hell is going on? Just keep it simple. Show me the pictures full frame and get on with the facts.

1 Like

No local Afternoon News on Nine today. Instead they have had rolling coverage on the Christchurch Mosque Shooting since 1pm AEDST with Davina Smith and Ross Greenwood with Belinda Russell covering social media.

It is reportedly continuing up until the 6pm News in Sydney and Melbourne.

Hot Seat is on…

1 Like

And Brisbane now has our local Afternoon News.

In Brisbane the afternoon weather and overall presentation looked rather ‘sunny’

Considering the weather radar looked like this

2 Likes