Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Sorry don’t know. The ratings for Seven are listed as Seven News at 4 and Seven News at 4.30 and for Nine it is Nine Afternoon News. Both of Seven’s rating numbers are usually a long way clear of Nine. If on a given day Nine rated 160,000, both segments of Seven’s News would be well over 200k. Sydney is the only market where Nine is remotely competitive. I’m surprised to read that Nine managed to win any weeks in Brisbane as at the moment they are running at half the audience of Seven - perhaps it was in weeks affected by sport or special events or rolling coverage.

2 Likes

Promo seen tonight

Prior to this I thought that Nine had dropped the number one tagline as for the last couple of weeks promos I’d seen promos ended like this. Perhaps there were others?

Didn’t Seven win in sydney last year for Afternoon news? I recall her saying before Christmas “thank you for making us number 1 at 4PM”

Anyone reckon we will see a minor refresh from Seven and Nine presentation/news to coincide with Ten’s news/network refresh?

Spoken like a true ‘relaunch addict’ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Spot on the money! :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I reckon Nine News will continue running their current look for all of 2019, with the move from Willoughby to North Sydney being the event which sparks the next relaunch of Nine News and possibly the whole network. Even at this distance, I can just imagine a possible major promotional campaign for Sydney with powerful, emotive voiceovers about Nine News’ history and how the tradition is continuing at their new home, etc.

As for Seven News, they did what seemed to be a reactionary “half graphics relaunch” on the same date as the Ten Eyewitness News relaunch on 16/9/2013 so I wouldn’t entirely rule out the possibility of them repeating history.

3 Likes

Really? Not only is Ann a superior anchor, the quality of Seven Sydney Afternoon News, from what I have seen, is signifcantly better than Nine.e.

2 Likes

Alicia Loxley on Melbourne News tonight just introduced the Royal Wedding report and said Europe correspondent Amelia Best has the highlights … :joy:

3 Likes

News for Brisbane ran 7:04 - 7:34

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be a Royal Tour of Australia without some garish special graphics (well OK, the in-report ones aren’t too harsh on the eye but I’m not keen on the others)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As expected, Sophie Walsh will be a Royal Tour correspondent for Nine News.

While I’m here, it was also great to see a report from Melbourne’s Neary Ty during our bulletin this evening:

5 Likes

Was this just a Queensland story? About “TV and music streaming traps” and the “new shows” to look forward to over summer.

The traps? - paying for HD and multiple devices apparently are traps.

Apparently there are just 5 new shows to look forward to :roll_eyes: Wolf Creek, Outlander, True Detective, House of Cards and The Crown. (Last time I checked Outlander and True Detective were released episodically and while they could be streamed were primarily watched via a Foxtel box.)

Nine spent the last 24 hours promoting this story as the reason to watch the 6pm bulletin tonight; no wonder their ratings are dropping.

4 Likes

Is a stroy really first though, if nobody else wants it?

1 Like

technically.

At least it wasn’t a beat up for Stan.

1 Like

As seen on Nine Morning News

3 Likes

Hi everyone… this may sound strange but I wanted your thoughts on something.

Could you ever imagine a world here in Australia where a network like Nine adopted a US style local vs national bulletin.

Like would there ever be Nine National News at Six (time just an example) where for half-an-hour their is national content and international content. Federal Politics, Trump, Major stories nationally etc. The same bulletin into EVERY market, metro and regional.

Then at Six Thirty (time example) their would be Nine local news where for each city, regional and metro their is half-an-hour of local news, local sport and local weather.

I could not see it happening anytime soon but imagine how much better that would be… You would half-an-hour of quality local news in each city, metro markets like Sydney and Melbourne but also regional markets, like Wagga, North Queensland, Regional Victoria etc.

Would we ever see something like that… what are your thoughts?

Cheers:))

1 Like

That’s pretty much what BBC does in England.

I agree, won’t happen, unless perhaps Nine has a 100% reach (sole national coverage with no affiliations).

But I do like that model, it would be great.

I believe it been tried in the past and it doesn’t work here.

It would most certainly work for regional viewers who love their fully local bulletins. But not so sure about metro viewers who are equally used to their 30-60min composites.

1 Like