Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Then add some discussion points on other cities. Sheesh.

8 Likes

It’s on topic guys, stop complaining about a total non-issue.

I’ve never seen any grievances about the Aldi related banter that this thread often consists of and that has been well and truly done to death over time.

16 Likes

Not sure why Nine News Perth keeps changing their weather report locations, but I reckon they should do some market research on the subject and go from there.

As a side note, do other Perth news bulletins have a “suburban/metropolitan area: Today’s/Tomorrow’s Temperatures” segment in their Weather Forecasts? Sydney stations have been running them for about 20 years. If anything, Seven & Nine were far slower to include a regular look at the statewide/Regional NSW temperatures for today/tomorrow in the weather forecasts on their Sydney news bulletins!

I think most of the discussion about Nine News Queensland on Media Spy is people complaining about their dodgy “Special Reports” and obsession with advertisers like Aldi! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d like to think Media Spy welcomes relevant discussion from all media markets! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Don’t take it too seriously my comment earlier in the day was a joke. It would be pretty boring if there were just comments and nothing more (as long as it stays on topic).

They’ll come up once they change something graphically or content-wise in their bulletins. Chill.

Here’s another topic.
Can we expect a relaunch any time soon? Lmao

1 Like

Moving on now and tonight’s Nine News Perth saw no on screen watermark for a few minutes only.

Really, I’m not joking as it did happen.

Caps of it later.

I think Ten and Seven Perth does it.

3 Likes

And also the backdrop that was used last Tuesday for its weather preview.

3 Likes

Here’s another topic.
Can you stop belching ‘relaunch’ anytime there’s a sign of anything different on any network in any market?
Lmao

3 Likes

Second time having the Nine Live Perth weather segment inside the studio on a Wednesday in just a week but more like Rainy Wednesday for me.

1 Like

Gold Coast news updates now featuring local sponsorship watermark.

4 Likes

Nine Brisbane drought report with Garry Youngberry live from drought affected property.

2 Likes

Finally something newsworthy from Nine News Queensland. Haven’t seen this in ages.

2 Likes

Rotto has also been added to the list as well.

5 Likes

First on BACON.

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/1024943196327931904

3 Likes

Not actually a bad story tbh, have to wonder why CHOICE hasn’t approached this particular topic?

Due to proximity, there’s absolutely no need for

• Ocean Reef;
  • Rocko; or
  • Freo

Put locations like Lancelin, Bickley, Gingin, Northam & Gossie’s like seven, ten & abc do

4 Likes

Story tonight about Queensland banning unhealthy foods from hospitals received no coverage on Nine tonight. It seemed a strange editorial choice as the story was 3rd on Ten and reported in a live cross in the first segment on Seven.

You could, however, enjoy plenty of junk food advertising during the breaks on Nine!.

8 Likes

A backdrop of a combination of lotto balls and grey sky we’re used on Nine Live Perth (3/8/2018) for the lotto hotspot live report.

And also Nine Perth had used a full screen outlook for their 3/8/2018 live weather update.

3 Likes

This is a rather nice promo:

14 Likes

It is.

But very Hitchener-centric at a time they may not be able to afford to be.