Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I agree, those full screen Royal Wedding graphics are truly hideous.

1 Like

There was a blooper on Nine News Perth tonight where Michael Thomson was seen reading on the paper of the near-miss with shark story as the shots changes back to him earlier rather than when he was finish.

Perth aswell. When you hear Thrift shop you know you watching Nine News.

1 Like

Sydney’s afternoon news was seen in Brisbane for around three minutes today before returning back to Nine Live Queensland.

1 Like

Important news about bread tonight in Brisbane :neutral_face:

18 Likes

Nine News Queensland is an embarrassment for Australian journalism. This enters far beyond ACA territory.

13 Likes

Nine’s director of news, Melbourne, Hugh Nailon said at a ThinkTV event this morning that extending the bulletin to one hour was about bringing more content instead of indepth reports, and was reflected in the bulletin’s consistent victories over Seven News in Melbourne.

7 Likes

And those phrases aren’t even grammatically correct.

“Which Toast Better?” should be “Which Toast IS better?”

And “Hold Fillings Longer?” should be “Holds Fillings Longer?”

3 Likes

Although it’s probably been said before…should it really be a surprise that some of the content seen on Nine News Queensland is approaching A Current Affair or Extra territory when current QTQ news director Amanda Patterson was a former reporter (and state bureau chief, for ACA) of those programs?

With that in mind, I personally think a new local news director is desperately needed up there.

2 Likes

It was a comparison of bread brands, so questions like which [brands] toast better and which hold fillings longer make some sense grammatically.

I just checked out the report and it turns out that neither question was addressed in the report anyway - neither aspect was even mentioned.:roll_eyes: The advertising promised that “the surprise results will change the way you shop” but there was very little useful information.

10 Likes

The real question is will my fillings still fallout of my Sandwich if i purchase a new brand of bread?

6 Likes

Hey, that are no fair. We in Queensland loves breads. We want to knew which hold toast good.

4 Likes

It’s a wonder the QLD bulletin isn’t called “Nine New”.

It seems an S on the end of words is too hard for Queenslanders to comprehend :slight_smile:

You don’t remember the Peter Harvey voiceover days?

3 Likes

Spoiler:

It’s Aldi bread

4 Likes

Standing opening in Brisbane tonight

4 Likes

Same for Sydney:

4 Likes

Promo: “Justice for Jade”

3 Likes

Oh dear, more automation gremlins tonight in Sydney when a camera decided to try and pan from Belinda to Deborah at the end of the weather report. Deborah was already halfway through the bulletin sign off when I caught this zoomed in shot of the weather wall.

6 Likes
2 Likes