Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The choice of music beds (especially during the pre-bulletin updates, but the closer sounds weird too) is a bit of a mess!

Also rather interesting to see that Kathryn Foran (ex Nine Darwin/NBN reporter) is back in the Nine Network family again as a reporter for the Gold Coast bulletin after at stint at Seven. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh my, that’s a bit cheap looking with the FOXTEL pause icon still visible in the bottom left corner.

3 Likes

So? The way they invisaged the use of that building has probably totally changed since then. ACA has gone back to TCN, regional news has started, etc.

3 Likes

Not sure if sarcastic or not. The Foxtel pause graphic is there because someone has paused at home, not from 9. If you look closely you can see Tony Jones on the graphic.

1 Like

Did Tony Jones move in that background shot, or was he perhaps just a placeholder to see how the presenter would fit in with the graphics behind him, and someone forgot to remove him before it went to air.

I thought it looked a bit amateurish with a FOXTEL IQ graphic on it, that’s all.

VIC Budget graphics:

1 Like

No, it was just a static shot on the screen.

4 Likes

Slight blooper in the Melbourne opener with no voiceover and no wide shot of the set.

2 Likes

A blooper is still a blooper.

It should be consistent.

The Sunday Telegraph reports former Nine’s deputy director of news and current affairs Grant Williams has joined the NSW Police as head of police media and will start work tomorrow. Williams was forced to leave A Current Affair last October, after multiple staff made complaints against him.

2 Likes

Promo for tomorrow’s Brisbane “news” with a MKR-type voice over.

3 Likes

Those promos sound very MKR-ish too :grinning:

3 Likes

A Peter Stefanovic story tonight about a story at court was marked as exclusive the whole way through. He must have missed Ten News reporter Daniel Sutton who was at court with him.

3 Likes

Obviously assuming no one watches Ten News and that no one would notice that Nine “had a scoop”

Judging by the news ratings in the Sydney market, unfortunately that’s not overly far from the truth!

1 Like

Still comes across as tacky by Nine though. You’d think they’d not do such child-ish ‘exclusive’ stuff (even though Seven isn’t better).

2 Likes

Of course I agree.

Personally I think it’s a shame that Ten most likely won’t be rewarded in the ratings for having a rare scoop, but I guess that’s what happens when their Sydney news service is in a very inconvenient timeslot for so much of this market.

Yep. At the moment I’d probably say there are increasingly noticeable problems with elements of Nine News Sydney, although they’re still somewhat better than their sister station up North or the direct ratings competition locally.

2 Likes

Nice “team” photo - haven’t seen something like this in a while from 9

5 Likes

Oops! It’s not 4:00 Channel 9! This stayed on the opener as an image with no animations.

7 Likes