Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Opener

1 Like

Melissa had a moment tonight when she was caught out talking to production when on camera, not realising the previous story had finished.

6 Likes

Why can’t they give the presenters lapel mics to wear instead of these hand-held mics? 7News did the same thing I noticed, it just looks like presenting on location wasn’t planned or thought out. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

the dynamic mics are betting at cutting out extraneous noise because they have a more directional pickup pattern.

Lapels are omni directional.

Still, a boom mic would be a lot better.

8 Likes

And dynamic / handheld mics give networks another way of slapping another station logo in our faces!

4 Likes

If only Nine news had this background in blue for the afternoon and morning news bulletins, not all the circles.13%20PM

Brand presence.

Lapel mics in the shape of the nine logo? Or a badge the wear with what the held mics say?

Any video?

9 Live Adelaide running with no watermark

1 Like

Amelia presented the Weather this afternoon, Nine have also changed the script back to “ thanks for your company, have a great evening “ before it was “ thanks for your company “ ? Possibly the presenter changes it for their liking.

Here’s a gem.

Nine Perth’s website used to be run by Weebly when WIN owned it??

5 Likes

Commonwealth Games transition

5 Likes

Cam presented a sport piece and preview from the opposite side of the desk tonight. Presumably because Amber will be giving a weather wrap-up immediately after?

Update: That’s exactly what happened.

4 Likes

Brisbane tonight

8 Likes

Nine News Gold Coast covered the Sunrise protest.

It kind of just feels like they’ve got presenters there for the sake of it, rather than it actually adding anything significant to the bulletin.

6 Likes

Personally, I thought this was a step in the right direction:

But it becomes one great big mess later in the bulletin:

I get that Nine really like their standing presentation, but surely they can have the Sports presenter sit in the same seat throughout the bulletin?

4 Likes

Much like many live crosses.

1 Like

I agree that Amber and Cameron on opposite sides of Pete works much better. They’ve effectively swapped sides since the weather was moved over to the video wall.

I’m a bit “meh” on the standing presenters though for lead news or sports item. I don’t think it really adds much to the bulletin. I suppose at least we know they aren’t sitting there in trackpants like some presenters have done in the past.

3 Likes