Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Agreed. I think that introduction of the News Exchange backdrop made Nine’s different to the other networks… The standard globe on Seven & Ten (2013-14). They really should of moved Today Extra to Studio 21, Kept the morning news coming from Studio 23 with the local afternoon news from Studio 21. TBH i would prefer if Nine brought back the National afternoon news and a local plug in bulletin from 5pm to 5.30 with Hotseat returning to the 30 Minute format.

2 Likes

You may or may have noticed it but Pete and Deb now do their 6pm news preview on the afternoon news in Studio 23, and gosh the quality of the picture of the harbour looks extremely grainy and both Pete and Deb looks like they’re about 20 years older.

3 Likes

Whoops.

3 Likes

Nine News Queensland, the no.1 newsroom strikes again!

9 Likes

Nine news brought to you by Vodafone NBN… Lmao

5 Likes

It’s realistically no worse than the old AXA National Nine Newsbreaks back in the 1990s.

4 Likes

It looked to be a fairly major breach of rules and conventions on the part of Nine who broadcast a report on Sunday that showed significant details of the opening ceremony including video from the dress rehearsal and listed elements of the event. None of the other Brisbane bulletins broadcast anything about the dress rehearsal that night that I saw.

I’ll post a couple of images that don’t give very much away.

(Edit: it was Sunday’s bulletin - I’m running a day behind!)

6 Likes

The report in question may have only been seen on Nine News Queensland?

Don’t think I saw it here in Sydney.

That would probably be right - the major Comm Games story of Sunday night was the needles found at the village (and again tonight). There were probably six stories on the games that night

3 Likes

it’s pretty clear what news networks can and can’t do in and around Games venues (not just the events)… so I don’t know how this ever got past the pitch stage in the early morning meeting.

The lockout began on Friday, and it was made very clear 7 and GOLDOC were going to be watching everything.

3 Likes

Was it ever explained why Darren Curtis is no longer reading weekends?

1 Like

It was obviously due to the Media Spy backlash.

1 Like

Early News this morning :worried:

Poor quality image from TV screen

7 Likes

March? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

No. At the end of last year, an article claimed that Alison was leaving the weekend news to ‘spend more time with family’. That article said Darren would return on 2018 solo as weekend anchor.

Over the summer, Jono rated well and closed the gap. A new article said Jono had a new role with no mention why.

It won’t be the end of Darren presenting though, IMO. I think he will be Alison’s maternity relief on the Arvo News. I also think he will replace Bruce Paige on GC news when he rerires again. Whether he will fill-in for Jono on the weekend news, I don’t know.

1 Like

http://www.news.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games/commonwealth-games-pull-channel-9-accreditation/news-story/d53eed3707efee987adc24349d934fa7

GC2108 chair Peter Beattie is claiming that the problem with Nine showing elements of the opening ceremony was:

“It’s a really important experience for the people who come here, we want this to be a real moment for Queensland, a real moment for the Gold Coast and we don’t want it out there before the night,” he said.

“We just have to make sure we do everything to protect the event itself, the Opening Ceremony sets the tone for the Games and we don’t want to spoil it for the people who are coming or the 1.5 billion people who are going to watch it.

However, on Sunrise this morning video of the rehearsal was shown and it was much clearer than that seen on Nine (though Nine did show more).

While it was clearly wrong of Nine to broadcast their story (it should have been a Seven exclusive) the “no spoiler” reason is BS.

2 Likes

There was another rehearsal last night. I think as rightsholders Seven would have been granted access in the wake of Nine’s secret footage going out.

If Nine hadn’t have done it, I don’t think organisers would have bothered.

It’s been a pretty common practice for the host broadcast of Olympics and Commonwealth Games to show approved glimpses of the various opening ceremonies.

4 Likes

Yep. Nine is more than entitled to spoil Seven’s ‘scoop’ but there is obvious conquences which are now in play. I

1 Like

Channel Seven paid for the rights, Nine did not.

5 Likes