Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

To Gain A Month’s Salary

9 Likes

Nine News Sydney has a “First On Scene” for the news of Penrith Panthers star player Bryce Cartwright’s shock departure from the club.

But… does this constitute a “scene”… normally I associate a scene with a crime or something that occurred at a precise location.

I’m guessing they didn’t use “'Exclusive” as Seven must have reported it as well?

4 Likes

Much prefer the ‘newsroom’ backdrop over the stupid globe.

3 Likes

Probably just turned it off.

They never use it anyway. Haven’t seen it used at all since set launch. Waste!

4 Likes

Just say Ten News Perth damn!

5 Likes

They used the news exchange backdrop for all FAF bulletins until very recently.

Just to be clear you’re on the same page of which backdrop this is:

Credit to @ScreenTower

2 Likes

The colours used in Melbourne seem less vibrant than that of Sydney (which is a good thing). Much easier on the eye!

2 Likes

I was referring to them never using the video wall for presenting.

TENFAFPWNJTGAMS is good, but I prefer SNPWRAASCABZASJ for my daily dose of Perth News. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seven News Perth with Rick Ardon and Susannah Carr and Basil Zempilas and Samantha Jolly

4 Likes

In the latest installment of “TCN Automation Fails Make You LOL”, the start of this afternoon’s Nine News Sydney at 4pm:

Knowing what the lead story was, I don’t think Nine would’ve liked such an error to happen today!

7 Likes

Just saw that Brian Henderson promo. They’re not that desperate are they?

Would’ve expected Seven to do that sort of promo with Roger Climpson propping up Fergo.

2 Likes

Lol!

I was just imagining Roger Climpson in a promo with Fergo earlier today!

Him and or with Ross Symonds.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Seven News Sydney actually gets Roger Climpson and/or Ross Symonds (sadly, neither network is able to use Roscoe anymore!) for their next Mark Ferguson-centric news promo(s).

1 Like

I seriously doubt they would, certainly not now that Nine have exactly that with Hendo.

It would look too much like they’re being a copycat.

1 Like

Officeworks sponsorship discussed on Media Watch tonight.

3 Likes

Nine were quite dismissive in their response to that segment when really MW’s criticism is perfectly legitimate

2 Likes

Nah they’re definitely not desperate, it just emphasizes Nine’s win in the ratings. And mind you at the conclusion of last year, Peter Overton and Nine News Sydney won their 7th straight year (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017).

Also don’t forget a few years back Seven News Sydney had that rejigged promo (with the world’s apart song) and it featured footage of Roger Climpson and Ian Ross introducing themselves, and then Mark Ferguson afterwards. And I must admit that was quite a nice touch.

It’s always good to acknowledge the past some times, and I think the latest promos produced in Sydney are great examples of that. Not to mention that Peter Overton actually got the chance to work with Brian Henderson.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Plus, Brian has extensively mentored Overton since his anchor debut. There is quite the mutual respect there.

I also think this comment is interesting:

10 Likes

If I remember correctly, Peter Overton has mentioned somewhere online (I think it was a clip or livestream on Facebook) that both Brian Henderson and Ken Sutcliffe were at Nine on Pete’s very first day at the network in 1991.

Of course, it probably goes without saying that Peter Overton has a deep respect for Brian Henderson and Ken Sutcliffe (visa versa too, I’d imagine). Who knows, Pete might even have fond memories of seeing those Sydney TV icons on screen when he was aspiring to get a career in the media back in the '80s! :slight_smile:

I’ve found those comments from Hendo about Nine News Sydney in more contemporary times quite interesting too. One wonders what former Seven Sydney newsreaders like Climpson or Symonds think about the current state of the bulletin they used to present, but that’s for another topic!

4 Likes