Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

What I don’t understand about the ‘9 Live’ branding, is the fact that dropped the most important word. NEWS!!!

10 Likes

Melbourne is the only afternoon news that has a live cam, the rest have static images.

I completely agree. While the name “9Live” is catchy, it better suits a live stream versus a news bulletin. It’s also a bit redundant to call it “live” since all metro bulletins are live anyway. I hope Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth switch back to Sydney and Melbourne’s “9 News at 4PM”/“Nine Afternoon News”.

6 Likes

9news.com.au watermark and Chris Uhlmann makes his debut?:

1 Like

On Today this morning, it was annoying that their super promoted the website as ninenews.com.au.

Karl also said it was Chris’ unofficial debut. Labor MP Anthony Albanese said he hopes Uhlmann toughens-up, as he thought he was soft on Howard.

2 Likes

Why they need to have TWO logos there is absolutely ridiculous.

2 Likes

And despite that extra promotion you’ll struggle to find video of the interview on 9news.com.au. I can’t find it.

4 Likes

In a Nine News special report, John Howard has rejected the prime minister’s assurances that a detailed debate about protecting religious freedoms can wait until after the postal vote on same-sex marriage is decided.

Speaking exclusively to Nine News Political Editor Chris Uhlmann from London, the former Prime Minister said that if the postal survey returned a “yes” vote then the government would be stampeded into delivering change, so people needed answers to pressing questions about their rights now.

2 Likes

Why does that font look like this sometimes on the supers? it is extra bold or something?

1 Like

Not sure - something to do with being generated in Brisbane to overlay the national signal.

1 Like

"Nine News Queensland Delivering the Best News Sunday to Saturday"

4 Likes

Lol Darren and Alison rates better than Kay McGrath.

1 Like

No - quite opposite.

3 Likes

Also strange how they count it as Sunday to Saturday. Wouldn’t it be better to be Monday to Sunday?

2 Likes

Ratings week starts on Sunday.

Not sure why Nine are the only network that talks about news winning a ratings year based on weeks won. With a difference between the numbers of less than 10,000 Seven could overtake Nine and win the year based on the number of people watching.

Isn’t that basically the standard for calculating wins by news bulletins (like the 21 weeks)?

OzTAM report the average number of people watching programs, rather than weeks won.

It’s not Channel 6 TJ!

15 Likes

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

4 Likes

Maybe he thought he was in Ballarat?

Seriously, how does someone at Channel 9 not check these things !!!

Only the ABC has a truly reversible logo… looks the same upside down and inside out :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes