Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Mike Dalton is basically the successor to the late Peter Harvey (who did these sorts of reports for the last decade or so of his career) as the fluff/puff piece correspondent for Nine News Sydney. Before Harves passed away, Dalton did similar “quirky colour” pieces for Today.

I have no idea who Seven Sydney’s main fluff/puff piece correspondent is these days, but it was Damien Smith prior to his departure from the network after 20 years at the start of this year.

Oh yes, I seem to recall seeing a ridiculous “gold panner” report PTC from him on the former semi-national edition of the Afternoon News a while back.

3 Likes

The main newsreader?

6 Likes

And the main sports presenter. Both are a joke when it comes to ‘leading’ Seven’s Sydney bulletin.

2 Likes

Seven does it as well.

1 Like

Adelaide getting their own edition of the Morning News.

8 Likes

Sources? If it’s true, then Nine are really putting in the effort to beat Seven in Adelaide.

Hopefully they’ll keep “Nine’s Morning News” branding, not confuse it like the afternoon news (Nine News at 4pm/Nine Live at 4pm). Not a huge fan of the different openers that the afternoon news uses.

5 Likes

Pretty sure it had the Nine Live branding this morning.

3 Likes

It had the regular Nine News watermark but accidentally used the Nine live corner super at the end of the bulletin. I managed to capture it. - I’m still wondering if they started at the begining of the week or just today as Davina addressed it at the end of the National Morning News.

4 Likes

Wow, I thought you were only referring to an upcoming local morning bulletin. Interesting that they’ve gone for a silent launch.

Edit: @SEQTelevision did you manage to capture the rest of the bulletin?

2 Likes

No sorry as the time Davina mentioned it - was to late to change streams also i have poor internet connection apart from that I’ve messaged Will via twitter to see if it’s here to stay, if not i’m guessing they were giving it ago to see if Adelaidians would notice.

2 Likes

This is all I could scavange from Nine Adelaide’s Facebook page:

The first post makes me think that today was the first day that they did this…

3 Likes

Yeah I couldn’t find anything on twitter from the last few days either. Today must of been the first day.

1 Like

I wonder if today’s local edition of Nine’s Morning News for Adelaide was just a one-off or will become a permanent fixture of the schedule?

Even if it was just a one off, you can’t help but wonder if Nine are testing the waters. Afterall, didn’t Seven ran a one-off local edition of the Afternoon News for Adelaide (which has since become a permanent part of the schedule) a while back due to local sport or something?

3 Likes

Won’t be surprised if Seven combats it with Rosanna presenting a morning news as well. THIS IS WAR!

3 Likes

I’ve Emiled Eva about that to see if it is returning.

1 Like

A couple of great BTS clips by Peter Hitchener during the recording of news updates.

5 Likes

Since when has Queensland stopped producing local morning bulletins? Montages on YouTube are as recent as late June.

Can you please clarify what you mean by this? Is it that Perth had local morning bulletins for a period until the launch of Today Perth News?

3 Likes

@MVP means that the Perth Morning News launched along with Today Perth News in 2014.

1 Like

QLD only stopped producing the Morning News due to rehearsals taking place in the morning with preparations with the new studio. I’m sure it’s only a short break like in 2015 when they took a little while off mid year producing local bulletins.

3 Likes

On the day Today Perth News launched, STW launched a local Morning News, in place of the national bulletin. From what I recall, it only lasted 6 months or so.

Nine Local Morning News Perth with Lee Steele Montage (Thanks to the original uploader).

3 Likes