Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I know that Darwinians are really upset at Nine for relocating the local bulletin to Brisbane - this seems a bit extreme though :slight_smile:

Snake found hiding on the desk at 9NEWS office in Darwin

8 Likes

Interest Rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36gFoXVOGvY

6 Likes

The screen in the middle background is 9 Gold Coast

Hot Seat

Doctor, Doctor promo

9 Likes

Here is the similar shot of the Brisbane news room as seen during the Gold Coast news showing that the cross is recorded. Also note the Seven News promo playing top left (and Ten News just out of shot).

6 Likes

This is how sharp the live shot in Perth is!

It’s used on the right videowall most times while the static one is still used as the main one.

11 Likes

A different angle in Adelaide’s opener.

8 Likes

Evening version

3 Likes

Why would it be awkward if they didn’t have the screens? They’re a waste of money.

2 Likes

While I’m not holding my breath for this to happen anytime soon, it would be nice to see Nine News Sydney find some creative uses (or even just a use for something other than burning the faux-newsroom backdrop in) for their videowall on the right hand side like in the screencap you posted.

Mind you, at least Nine are using their current Sydney news set better than Seven is!

1 Like

Early News was presented from studio 22 this morning:

6 Likes

Economic stimulus for the plasma screen industry*

2 Likes

Graphics issues for finance/fuel. Pete with the quick quips “Believe me you can’t see it” and “I hope you get some weather information Amber”.

2 Likes

He takes the gremlins well now!

He’s obviously used to it, and he has moved on from his frustrations earlier this year with his “computers have taken over the newsroom” outburst.

2 Likes

Brisbane this week

The default live backdrop/s used every night looks like this

The special consumer reports that are promoted each night could be better - while one of the anchors does a standing intro to the piece, it then switches to a generic green screen presentation (yes that is Aldi again)

However on one night there was also this:

8 Likes

The morning news used the Sydney title card this morning. A sign that things maybe not to far away?! :smirk:

7 Likes

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l21_qDKumGY&feature=youtu.be

6 Likes

Nine Gold Coast News with Darren Curtis - video

Problems with weather audio at 5:01 not sure what is said

2 Likes

Stand by for Andrew and Melissa for National Nine News ?

Other than that, the bulletin was nothing special.

3 Likes

He pulls the weekend team 100%. So much better solo dolo than with Alison.

2 Likes

I love how it still gets referred to as “National Nine News” by network personalities nearly 10 years after that branding was dropped. .

Ray Warren has done that multiple times at the end of Sunday NRL games… “Time now for National Nine News”.

Lol.

6 Likes