Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

You had to explain your joke.

2/10. Same score I give your pithy team.

3 Likes

Not everyone on this forum is from NSW or QLD :blush:

8 Likes

That is Nine News Brisbane’s entire promotional focus now - to each night heavily promote how to save money with some consumer purchase. It dominates over all other marketing they now run each night and day then thoughout the bulletin until the segment is shown just before the weather.

5 Likes

Absolute rubbish. Why would anyone watch Nine News Queensland.

3 Likes

I look on it as the TV news equivalent of click bait.

I’m getting deja vu watching the promos; they are so reminiscent of a show that ran for many years on Nine Brisbane (after ceasing in other states I think) called Extra or Brisbane Extra.

5 Likes

Yet they still smash Seven with this trash. I don’t get it.

2 Likes

New upload of an Extra promo showing the similarity in content. There was also a Weekend Extra that was more focused on tourist type activities.

3 Likes

Dat Computer tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

South East Queenslanders really must like these “Special Reports” if it’s helping Nine to win the ratings up there!

Aside from that, both of the 6pm bulletins up there seem to be quite average on the presentation/presenters/content side IMO.

I think “Sydney Extra with Jim Waley” lasted about a year or less in 1992, but I’d have to check on that.

The old “Extra” promo was an interesting watch too BTW. Given that they seemed to produce programing in widescreen as far back as 2002, one has to wonder if some of that early equipment might still be in use by Nine Brisbane for their news (at least until they upgrade) today!

3 Likes

News Update - I wouldn’t be surprised if the equipment used today is the same - I think the picture was actually better back then, without the black bars on either side of the screen seen now.

8 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:3959, topic:67”]
I’m getting deja vu watching the promos; they are so reminiscent of a show that ran for many years on Nine Brisbane (after ceasing in other states I think) called Extra or Brisbane Extra.
[/quote] Now that I think of it, weren’t theses segments on the weekend 6pm News branded extra, or something, when the bulletin first extended to one hour in QLD?

This is what nine news melbourne misses out on, although being local I get the stupid 9 local news. But what I know melb doesn’t use that wall

1 Like

What is it, I can’t see it?

if u dont like 9 local news dont watch it then simples!!!

Well I don’t like it, because it’s not local, it has more news stories from outside our region. And it’s the only news we get, also they don’t change the backgrounds, so I also dislike that.

1 Like

This is a media discussion forum.

5 Likes

after watching last night i have changed my tune and apolgise nine news western victoria has only 5 mins of local news and thats now when it first started it was 8 mins of news might switch back to win

Thanks @SydneyCityTV :

3 Likes

It seems that tonight is the night that Nine News Queensland gets presented from Sydney, as QTQ prepares for it’s long awaited set/HD upgrade which will make it’s On-Air debut next month.

Even in this update posted to Twitter, you’ll notice that the picture quality is considerably clearer than what we’ve come to expect from Nine News Queensland! :wink:

10 Likes

Great pick up! Probably the last time we will see a ‘major’ relaunch from Nine for a while after the QTQ set upgrade…

7 Likes