Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Maybe Queenslandians like shopping at Aldi? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I f**ing hope not!
These “news” stories are complete and utter garbage.

I’ve always been more of a 9 News person, but I’ve gotta say, I’ve switched off from the 6pm bulletin recently with this shit airing all the time.

2 Likes

Didn’t they have some ridiculous story the other night about a " Aldi Mum " making cheap dishes under $10? I found that not news worthy at all.

1 Like

Heres a good one from last year regarding (or recruiting) Aldi Testers while also linking it to the business trying to re-position itself to customers. http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/10/10/20/24/aldi-to-offer-free-products-for-testers.

Nine News were kind enough to refer people to their own website to find out more about becoming an Aldi product tester.

Come to think of it maybe this ‘alleged’ Aldi deal is paying for a certain studio upgrade on Mt Coot-tha :wink:

1 Like

Yet Nine absolutely smash Seven in the ratings when this happens. While Seven can be as just as bad at times, I swear I’ve seen a lot less garbage compared to Nine from my observations. Does Queenslanders love trash TV?

Yes on Monday it was Aldi Mum showing how to save money on food. Aldi really got their money’s worth this week!

This was Friday night’s report on sales- you’d think there would be better things for Phil Willmington do report on

2 Likes

I think it is a possibility. Just recently these save/make/win money segments have started to feature at the end of the Gold Coast local news.

Not a great promo but I’ve seen worse.

1 Like

I think that promo has been doing the rounds for a while now, I seem to recall it being posted to social media a few months or so back.

In any case, I agree that it’s not great but certainly better than some of the other promos Nine News Queensland have been running with.

2 Likes

It isn’t a brand new promo - hence Michael Best featuring despite being UK correspondent.

I looks as if the answers they are getting for Queenslanders include how do I save money at Aldi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why won’t they just put Aldi stories to ACA to desensationalise SEQ’s news content? It won’t hurt that much.

1 Like

Sounds like you are all afraid of great bargains and saving cash to be honest.

4 Likes

Bruce’s face in the last cap, sums up how we all feel about these stories.

5 Likes

Yes - carefully selected screen grab

Gold Coast News promo

7 Likes

A lot of colour from the gold cost presenters shot … in comparison to the southern markets.

1 Like

The right side of that go,d coast image, they have literally been squashed together, not professional at all, like, there is just a head sticking out

3 Likes

Also not sure how flattering it is to have Bruce positioned between two taller ladies and turned sideways with his belly hanging out across Wendy’s arm…

4 Likes

And the thing is the Gold Coast shot is done in life, where I believe the channel 7 shot is would be individual green screen images that people have then used cgi or whatever to combine them (I’m not a pro, so sorry about the terms)

Photoshopped would be the term your looking for. :paintbrush:

Bruce still looks like one of those cheesy uncles you would find at the ‘Mr Paigey’s home for the elderly’. But we all know that they won’t touch him for as long as he wants to present on the Gold Coast.

1 Like