Nine News Content and Appearance

The screen is too way small and the vision feed is poor SD quality.

Looks like a poor copy of Seven’s studio. Seven GC for comparison.

7 Likes

At least it’s presented life and locally from the Gold Coast. Much more than a major metro bulletin on another network.

2 Likes

Later in the bulletin a look at the studio being built and changes over the years.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the new set, yes it’s not a patch on the metro sets, but I dont think we should have been expecting that.

Do we know if it’s still at Level 17, 50 Cavill Avenue?

Backdrop later in the bulletin with weather cross.

History of the studio

8 Likes
5 Likes

The addition of the screen is nice, could’ve been a little bigger though.
But talk about hyping it up - “brand new studio” :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Video of bulletin

0:00 Opener
11:52 Sport
15:42 Sponsor board and promo
16:14 History of set and building new one
17:24 Andrew Lofthouse with 6pm new rundown
18:10 Weather

6 Likes

It suprises me that there is no QLD edition voice over for the weekday team yet there is for the weekend. I understand that Gold Coast would have theres to promote the fact they are local…

Really surprising just how small that studio actually is. I don’t think we’ve ever seen the window there. Pity it can’t be incorporated somehow. Not that it’s really necessary, it’d just add another side to the set.

If the wall behind the sports screen was painted a similar blue or was a similar light box, this set would actually be pretty good.

3 Likes

Brand new set :joy::joy:

How embarrassing. Great they have caught up to 2012…

I almost prefer the wooden set they used to have. This one is awful and the screen they have chosen is too small, plus it’s not even calibrated correctly, the sharpness is up way too high and it’s distorting the image.

What a riveting event this all turned out to be :joy:

4 Likes

Was just thinking this, if it had a screen incorporated for the backdrop it wouldn’t look half bad!

1 Like

Yes still there.

Those studio shots are taken from 2 separate studios. The first incarnation had the balcony (used mostly for Weather and ‘Today’ crosses) while the second (the current one) took over some former office space.

2 Likes

Interesting to compare to 7 GC.

6 Likes

Probably the best thing about this update is that 4pm or weekend bulletins could, at least in theory, be presented from the coast like 7 does on occasion. Just keep the shots tight on the anchor, sub in a Brissy background and you’re good to go.

Only thing missing now that really matters is the ability to change the desk logo, although that is probably only something us on here would notice anyway.

2 Likes

It was clearly done as cheap as possible.

I would’ve much preferred a screen the same length as the old picture frame.

1 Like

I still think they should move back there and incorporate the glass sliders overlooking the balcony into the set. It’d be a nice tribute to their history, show off their locality and (theoretically) look pretty good.

Towards the end, they did via @TAir :

4 Likes

Lipstick on a pig

2 Likes

To me, the gold coast set doesnt look that bad! Could the screen be bigger? sure maybe. And I would put a screen on the desk. Otherwise, it looks half decent to me!

1 Like

If that huge new screen doesn’t get them an instant 50K extra viewers
I don’t know what will :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: