Nine News Content and Appearance

Looks great. And about 3 times smaller than 7’s mess.

Odd one. Doesn’t really look like the type of thing which is meant for TV (its too small).

4 Likes

R-R- RELAUNCH?

2 Likes

It’s almost too small for TV screens. And it’s misaligned so it doesn’t look fantastic if it’s part of a refresh.

Meanwhile at the same time in Brisbane

5 Likes

Obviously not a test pattern. There are a few options. Darwin is on the same time zone so you can air that bulletin in full live. This also first happened whilst STW was producing their 5pm. So, air their 5pm bulletin in both states and you get your 2mins of AFL coverage too. Perth 6pm is unaffected.

Personally, if it was possible, I would have replayed the 20 mins of the Adelaide 5pm News that did go to air again at 6ish. Then either take ACA live or intercept live into Darwin (who’d be onto their national/international coverage).

I know. But Nine is now in a position where they can’t use the “they’ve switched to Melbourne” line in their promos anymore. It’s been their only selling point.

The audience won’t remember the reason for the once off but they will remember the event.

But, but, but… Nine is the BLUE network!

7 Likes

You do realise that you can’t just call your mate in another state and be like “hey can you do our news?” These things take hours to plan. Resources, links set up, stories filed sent to the market to play out.
This issue happened 30 minutes out from a bulletin in the middle of another, it’s not enough time to recover and plan alternate arrangements.

I really think people sometimes need to think of the actual logistics and not everything is as simple as a click of a finger. They retained their ad revenue which is the main priority and it was for a news bulletin that got to air.

It was a once off issue and really it’s being blown into some massive “issue” that its “ruining the reputation of the brand”. Really? :roll_eyes:

Yawn.

9 Likes

Interesting… :thinking:

Did it animate at all?

1 Like

I never suggested another state do a local Adelaide bulletin. The ENPS was reportedly the problem so that wasn’t possible.

No one suggested this would “ruin the reputation” of the brand either. Your take is the only thing “blown up”.

It did animate, coming out and returning from the orange bar on the left.

1 Like

You’re saying it’s a huge issue because they took Melbourne? It’s really not. You’re the one making it into an issue :joy:

As if people in Adelaide want Darwin news. It’s even less local than Melbourne news… honestly :joy:

2 Likes

Seriously… people aren’t that think.

As it was advised to the general Adelaide audience, this was a major technical hiccup, therefore we’re taking the Melbourne news as a back up. Most ppl understand this… shit happens.

5 Likes

Siren emojis at the ready :rotating_light:

4 Likes

It looks like the usual blue strap but with alternate colouring and not placed correctly on screen. Perhaps it was just a Mosart issue. I doubt Nine is preparing anything to copy 7’s new look. Also they tend to rebrand every four years so this would be odd in 2022.

5 Likes

However the animations were different to the usual blue straps.

2 Likes

Its not just Adelaide, Sydney has had a lot of well documented issues, and Melbourne has had to take bits of the Sydney bulletin at times too.

7 and 10 don’t seem to have the same issues with their bulletins that 9 has.

Yep. Understand that. I was referring to Adelaide being a once off issue and that they made the right call.

Looks similar to Seven’s tennis graphics supers from 2012-16.

5 Likes

Could be a social / website graphic that slipped in?

4 Likes