Nine News Content and Appearance

I saw this earlier tonight and I am outraged I tell you, outraged!

Never in my days I thought I would see Anthony at NINE!

He was THE biggest Seven News fan IIRC.

But in all seriousness it’s a fantastic opportunity so good on him!

7 Likes

This promo warranted an upload :wink:

9 Likes

I saw a longer version tonight:

“All the chaos, all the confusion and the emotional reunions.” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nine News Melbourne has something called 12 Days of Christmas starting next Monday (December 13). Not sure if it is a series of special reports or a promotion.
Saw a promo tonight.

3 Likes

Tonight, on ACA Queensland…

9 Likes

Nine’s promo

The reality

9 Likes

Fake news once again. :rofl:

2 Likes

How is QTQ number 1 outputting garbage like that?

I feel sorry for Melissa having to be a part of that promo.

6 Likes

Totally agree. I know a few people who worked at QTQ who have left in recent years, and they’ve all mentioned the sensationalist nature of the newsroom - although it does rate better than 7 so really the news directors are doing a good job (in a weird sort of contradictory way). But it isn’t straight down the barrel news, which was the point they made to me.

For my two cents - it must be horrible going to university to get a degree just to pump out this sensationalist crap every night. No one studies journalism with the goal of putting stories like this to air in this format - if they do, they should have gone into marketing instead.

And like others have said, it’s a shame that top notch journos like Melissa are being tainted with this sort of sensationalised crap. Sort of like Tracy Grimshaw moving to ACA, which meant that forever more she will be associated with stories about hoons and not her formidable interviews.

9 Likes

Update:

4 Likes

Those wall graphics look more suited to a promo for The Block…

14 Likes

A pretty big miss by Nine News Brisbane. All their promos regarding covering this story and they miss the first media conference covering the event including the new CHO.

3 Likes

“Live from the Celebrations”.

6 Likes

Broadcasting LIVE from a roundabout! :joy:

4 Likes

GC News

8 Likes

Gotta say, I’m normally a fan of OB’s for major news in Queensland since the other anchor is still in the studio for the rest of the days news, but tonight isn’t working for me. There’s obviously the time delay to Melissa (which they’ve tried to cover with LIVE slides out of each story but it’s obvious on crosses) but also it’s not relevant to most of the stories after the first 15 minutes.

Given Eva Milic was on the coast for the 5.30 local news, I’d have preferred that the metro bulletin was based with Melissa in the studio and perhaps even cohosted by Eva for the border stories, since she is well known across QLD and particularly BNE and the GC.

In any case, Melissa doesn’t need to be there and the time delay out of stories and crosses is making the bulletin feel very clunky and over-hyped.

4 Likes

Agree that OBs do get a bit overused, in that on the occasions that really warrant it, it loses some of that more “special event” feeling.

4 Likes

Down on the border.

6 Likes

Never knew there was a border near the harbour bridge…

5 Likes

More Gold Coast caps

Wrong location label

Just avoided another jacket gate as Tracey on weather removed her jacket before the cross to the full weather report :wink: .

9 Likes