Nine News Content and Appearance

This is interesting, not sure what advert they are talking about, but if seven are having a whinge they shouldn’t have dropped their early adelaide news.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/off-the-record-adelaide-tv-network-news-in-cold-war-over-cheeky-channel-9-promo/news-story/1e4e715eba5a1c60add3cee37b11f90e

There is an advert on Nine where footage of Seven/10 News moving to Melbourne featured and Nine took a swipe at it saying they’re live and local.

Of course for Seven’s case they only moved their afternoon news as opposed to their 6pm bulletin so I guess they have a point but then again I can’t see why they can’t restore the local afternoon news (have Rosanna Monday-Wednesday and a reporter Thursday-Friday).

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/1277897630413025280?s=20

https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/1305452794288066560?s=20

7 Likes

2 x breaking news

Sydney news

5 Likes

This set isn’t too bad. It would be cool if they could hand over to regional or something if they don’t plan to use it for other programs at North Sydney.

Or even shift it to QTQ for the Regional/Darwin news operation.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the new studios in Sydney will be seen tomorrow or Monday as a new end board for ACA just aired during Today showing Tracy on a new set.

7 Likes

We are expecting the same Sydney news set though, yes?

1 Like

Yeah, obviously. They wouldn’t be in a temp set at the moment if they were getting a brand new one. It was moved to their new studio.

The set Tracy was on looked like the Sydney desk.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if they do a gradual move. Sydney News followed by ACA first. National programming moves at a later stage.

Not sure. But with the new end board it definitely looks like ACA will be there on Monday.

This one?

9 Likes

Ya. Thank you.

1 Like

Well that’s certainly the news desk.
I can’t see ACA being from the news setup for obvious reasons, unless they have built a mini duplicate of the main news set

Could be a duplicate? Would make sense.

2 Likes

I can, there are a lot of easy ways this can be done to accomodate ACA. They could potentially start the first story of ACA standing and then shifting to the desk after.

Tracy could also pre-record the intro and first story to allow time for the news team to leave the studio at 7.

1 Like

Exactly. I’m sure there have been promos for Nine News Regional/Local bulletins with regional presenters at the metro sets even though actual bulletins certainly weren’t/aren’t presented from there!

2 Likes

When Nine moves to North Sydney, all programs could be centralised to the news set temporarily unless they’ve constructed some new ones.

The only problem is A Current Affair will need to pre-record and Today Extra will need an individual set as it’s bumper to bumper.

Obviously they need to move over with atleast 2 functional studios in the building or they will move some programs over before others.

2 Likes

Today Extra can be handled from the same set as Today. It used to be like that until they wanted to save costs.

1 Like

But how will they manage to throw over to Today Extra in the news set as there is already 4 hosts in the studio?

Nine News Sydney also can’t have interaction with Tracy when they throw over to ACA like Today as it’s a national show. The only window they could pre-record in on that set (if they chose to) is early afternoon - but news deadlines get in the way and ACA tends to cover major breaking stories of the day as-well.

Obviously there will be a new set of some sort waiting in North Sydney unless they move the current one over to the new facility overnight - which is impossible.

Agreed.

There will be at least two sets in North Sydney.

One for Sydney News.

One for Today Extra/ ACA.

I’d say Today might share Sydney’s set as it has been.