Nine News Content and Appearance

More audio/mic issues again on Nine News Sydney with Natalia Cooper presenting the weather preview at 6.20.

You can also hear background noise and echos

5 Likes

Oh dear.

4 Likes

Jesus what’s going on in Sydney lately? Still gremlins from the attack?

2 Likes

I don’t want to sound rude because I’m sure everyone there is very hard working, but I think the volume of errors within the bulletin is coming to the point of just incompetence.

6 Likes

Exactly. I’m sure the errors are actually starting to affect the ratings, what with Seven News Sydney winning a couple of nights this week.

3 Likes

I think the issue was that Ally’s mic was still left on (because you can hear her mouse clicks) while Natalia’s mic was turned off. Natalia’s voice was being picked up by Ally’s mic (which is why it was hard to hear her)

I also notice that these audio issues only happen at 6pm.

2 Likes

Tonight’s Sydney bulletin with Allison incl promo for Today Show.

9 Likes

Depends…some weeks vary to others.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ve realised that it’s ridiculous? I’m all for cold opens at the start of the news but a big fast dramatic crash zoom is just silly.

Nine Perth did really good ones 2014-16 but they did put a title card right before it so technically not quite a cold open.

3 Likes

Nine needs a good opening sequence of graphics, like now.
The current one is quite frankly, underwhelming.

1 Like

Seven and Ten are no better… SBS is always too formal in my opinion, and ABC is too modular (designed for all presenters but nobody). I do like the presenter VO of Nine News the most ("This is Nine News with Allison Langdon), especially when logo transition onto the set…

2 Likes

Nine QLD’s promo ends with - it should read “creating news from fears”.

4 Likes

The netball finished just in time for the 5pm news.

5 Likes

Don’t need a mask when live broadcasting.

5 Likes

But they can choose to wear one if they wish.

12 Likes

Yes, but it doesn’t help deaf people, plus it makes it more difficult to hear.

1 Like

Yeah, as a Melburnian having to go through four lockdowns and mask wearing for the best part of a year, it sort of pisses me off… anyways, it does set a good example, no harm in that…

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: COVID-19: News Coverage :mask:

Audio issues continue in Sydney.

2 Likes

Perth recycling coverage from 5pm news… Alicia can be seen in the back.

5 Likes