Nine News Content and Appearance

Thanks for the caps! Perth looks much nicer and well lit than Adelaide despite having a similar open CBD facing studio.

Must be sizing. Harder to notice the hard angle in the desk and never any GLARE all over the floor.

1 Like

Sport looks fantastic presented like that. Shame none of the other states have a videowall of that scale (including Sydney).

As I mentioned the other week, it would be great to see Nine build a more modern videowall equivalent on the RHS in the other states which have the lightboxes.

3 Likes

They’ve tried this video wall a few times over the years. Weather was always done over there in the early days of the STW set. But often the reflection and glare really takes away from it. They’ve done something to make it look better. Now i love it!

Sydney’s is the nicest given they can modify the duran part cause its screens. But we STW has a nice long wall hahaha. These sets are so consistent but also entirely different.

4 Likes

Correction: On 8 April 2024, 9News Sydney broadcast a report about a coronial inquest into the 1988 death of Mark Haines. Due to an inadvertent error in the production process, the report included some historical vision of a different crime scene. Upon becoming aware of the error, 9News immediately took steps to remove the report from any places it appeared online. 9News sincerely and unreservedly apologises to the family of the deceased for any distress caused

3 Likes

Before:

New Breaking Graphic

8 Likes

Final 9News Early today.

Alex will be doing Today News from 5am from next week.

12 Likes

Is this legit?? Is this because of Sunrise Early News

5 Likes

Interesting, very copycat move here from 9.

Alex is the regular early presenter, isn’t he? I looked and seems he’s presented all this week.

If so, you’d have to think not much will change presentation wise with it still coming from the newsroom and just a change of supers etc?

Also watching the opener for Mondays bulletin and this happened

2 Likes

Sure is. I’m sure TV Cynic will get the 5.28 video up anytime now.

1 Like

That will mark the end of an era, as Seven and Nine are no longer showing a full news bulletin (at least 30 minute duration) on early mornings.

I first remembered Nine showing ITN World News (from UK’s Independent Television News) on weekdays in the early 1990s. Then the network decided to produce its own early bulletins, which had undergone several name changes (Daybreak was one). But one thing was consistent, it always aired before Today.

6 Likes

9’s early news has come and gone over the years, folded into Today, relaunched, replaced, relaunched.

7 Likes

Also took the cheap option of airing the Qantas In-flight news they used to produce as the morning news at one point. Then had to put effort back into it. It’s essentially become a long Today News anyway with many of the reporters and graphics being used.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Sounds like a relaunch for Today?

No, just a copycat of Sunrise rebranding its early news.

4 Likes

It says a new chapter for 9News and Today. What’s the new chapter for Today? Starting 30 minutes earlier? I just thought it sounded like there was more to it.

3 Likes

Hard to know if Alex was just ad-libbing there or that’s what was written into the prompter, and then interpreting that into what is actually happening here.

New chapter could just be that the bulletin is rebranded as today, or that Today starts earlier at 5am.

Guess we will see on Monday!

7 Likes

I just saw a clip of CBS Evening News on X and thought it looked somewhat familiar :thinking:

Oh yeah, that’s where

4 Likes

Hang on a sec.

1 Like

Who could’ve seen that happening! :joy:

Honestly always prefer using the news branding for news bulletins rather than merging into a breakfast show.

Would’ve liked seeing the opposite happen with “Nine News 8AM update” throughout Today.

9 Likes