Nine News Content and Appearance

Yeah it seems like a weird stock image with the graphic transparent over it that’s behind Peter, as the angle is completely on the other side of the Yarra and closer to Princess Bridge.
Possible they might be testing an updated live shot camera? The current one is pretty bad quality to be honest.

1 Like

0/10 not enough blue

1 Like

7NEWS Graphics Department:

6 Likes

I notice that Nine is starting to pull ahead of Seven again after the Olympics. Tonight’s promoted “news” report should keep them there :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, everyone. Long time observer here. I came across this video and got curious.

When did Nightline SA debut? If Adelaide got a local version, what did Perth get for its late night news back then?

Cheers

5 Likes

Addressed here by the individual that uploaded the video (scroll up for proceeding posts).

Sunraysia didn’t do a special edition of Nightline, so the delayed national version.

4 Likes

Remember, “facts not fear”:

3 Likes

Nine News competition

3 Likes

Those leaves covering the text look unnecessary

2 Likes

This backdrop is from the backdrop for pre-6pm updates.

https://twitter.com/phitchener9/status/1428619537159655427?s=19

7 Likes

A bit of the studio during the interruption of programming for Victoria’s COVID-conference:

4 Likes

One thing I haven’t seen since the change in affiliation… a WIN News mic flag on Nine News.

4 Likes

Apparently a private Jet has overshot its area at Essendon airport when cleaning it’s engines revving them too high and has run into the the Channel 9 Chopper with rumors it’s been written off.
I believe the “chopper” is the pooled chopper that all networks share but is branded as Nine.

3 Likes

Yes that sounds about right. The choppers are branded Nine on the East Coast and Seven in Adelaide and Perth.

EDIT: for Seven and Nine

1 Like

The pool chopper arrangement is only between 7 and 9. ABC have their own and 10 weren’t interested in joining any pools and therefore have limited aerial coverage and news gathering in that space. They occasionally use the air traffic choppers when their in the air for traffic reports but the picture quality is horrendous.

2 Likes

Not in Melbourne. Pooled with 7 and 9.

IIRC the Seven Adelaide helicopter had the “7” part of the 7News logo removed a long while ago and now just says “NEWS”.

I’m going off of the last time I saw it in person, which was a few years ago. It could well have changed since then.

I was under the impression that all choppers were de-branded when the pool arrangements began almost five years ago. Eg, while the Sydney chopper is still “VH-TCN” there are no longer any Nine News logos on it.

3 Likes

Well based off what I heard a person saw “the nine chopper” so it indicates it still has branding on it.

Confirmed on 3AW 5pm news. “Crashed into the 9News chopper” as quoted.

2 Likes
6 Likes