Nine News Content and Appearance

I thought the feeble attempts by Kieran Perkins to downplay the initial allegations elevated its newsworthiness, good to see it get coverage

2 Likes

It was very widely covered on all Seven’s bulletins across the day with headline treatment as well as Sunrise .

11 Likes

Not unexpected from this particular twitter user, always making up nonsense / coming to absurd conclusions.

11 Likes

Just watched 9 News in Bundaberg.
The 5.30 “9News Local” edition didn’t have much local news at all- 2 stories maybe- heavily Townsville focused. It should be called “9News Regional.” It’s not local.

Then in the trashy 6pm Brisbane edition, at the end they had an advertisement- I mean story- about Big W and how to lay by- I mean, what toys kids will want this Christmas … but when they did the intro Wally Lewis was still sitting in his seat, in front of the text on the backdrop… looked strange.

1 Like

Among the many frankly bizarre sentiments of that tweet, suggesting there is “positive morale” around the IOC’s stance on Tokyo2020 almost slips under the radar.

3 Likes

As noted below, in QLD, Nine’s 6pm bulletin was the only major bulletin in the state not to open with the state budget as the main story. It came in fourth, even after a report on the afternoon rain received in the city. It was also the only bulletin not to interview the state Treasurer. In all other budget I can remember in recent years the Treasurer would have been interviewed live on the bulletin.

It was a similar situation for 9 Gold Coast and 9 regional where the budget received significantly less coverage than on the competition.

Is this an editorial decision based on what they think viewers are interested in, or politically biased (as the budget was widely viewed as good news for the Labor Govt) or perhaps that good news doesn’t sell?

2 Likes

Yes strange but it did receive prominent coverage on 4BC Queensland News and presumedly Scott Emerson’s Drive Show on 4BC (only heard news bulletins as I’m in a different city and don’t stream).

Possibly a decision down to the individual News Directors or Chief of Staffs.

Nine was again the odd one out tonight with reporting on the BCC budget. All other stations had the budget as the first story, while for Nine it was fourth again following a story about the day’s weather, this time fog.

They clearly think they know their audience. I would have thought a budget where the headline was an increase in rates would have been big news with their constituency give the number of special reports related to money the bulletin usually features.

2 Likes

Nine News Perth today did an interview with Julie Bishop using the studio.

12 Likes

Did this go to air? Doesn’t look so great imo, some very tight and strange angles there.

Surely they could have just put them in front of the video wall on some stools and that would’ve looked better.

2 Likes

Yes, during the 5pm news. And 6pm as well.

2 Likes

Could’ve done it sitting at the desk with a better backdrop. That light placement looks stupid.

5 Likes

Not surprising, far too causal for 6pm.

1 Like

In Melbourne, they played the “Sport Opener” to a normal story… not the first time it’s happened.

5 Likes

Nine News Melbourne COS and crew

3 Likes

Yesterday on Nine News 4PM Sydney the transition “LIVE” was played out incorrectly, instead it was Todays graphics. Oops!

2 Likes

North Sydney’s Set when the lights and screens aren’t on

20 Likes

Looks haunted!

2 Likes

Wally Lewis promo - another random font selection.

2 Likes

And the super choice is very questionable too.

3 Likes