Nine News Content and Appearance

Does anyone have any idea when Garry Youngberry would have last presenter weather from the studio? While I don’t mind seeing him out and about showcasing the south east, it seems like it might have been a conscious decision to take him out of the studio permanently, or at least for a good while?

1 Like

Ummmm
Nine Melbourne just aired an ad for the Marty Sheargold show on Triple M and the ad featured Jane Bunn??
Great way to make your viewers flick over for the weather :joy:

11 Likes

Managed to find one from earlier this year. These caps are from March 1 at the time of Tropical Cyclone Niran, Garry presented weather from the studio for both 4pm and 6pm bulletins. Can’t find any other times later than this.

7 Likes

Have we seen the “Breaking News” layer to this graphic yet?

5 Likes

This could just as easily be a promo for ACA.

3 Likes

Breaking news telecast on Nine during Lego Masters in relation to the Federal Budget, with Peter Overton. (7:45pm)

7 Likes

How long was the news update for?

Another humorous automated caption failure at the end of last night’s Sydney bulletin.

“That’s no news for this Thursday…”

7 Likes

Haha! Did Pete say that?

No, but the subtitles mistakenly picked that up

1 Like

“Shambolic” a word rarely seen in a headline.

2 Likes

News Alert

3 Likes

Very weird having this format. Over the top.

1 Like

I think I’ve said this before, but I have no idea why you wouldn’t put the vision on the plasma that they are standing in front of…

5 Likes

LED screen. Plasmas aren’t used anymore.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Nine News Sydney delayed once again by the NRL Storms VS Dragons match. About 8 minutes overtime.

Would be better if the match starts 10-15 mins earlier for Nine?

3 Likes

While one does feel somewhat for reporters who’s packages may have been dropped due to time constraints, I highly doubt that Nine will be complaining much when the ratings come out tomorrow…

3 Likes

Of course, the same for Queensland. With the news finishing at 7pm rather than running overtime.

2 Likes

I meant 8 mins overtime for NRL. Finished approximately 6.08

1 Like