Nine News Content and Appearance

In Sydney a Nine News alert with Andrew Lofthouse just aired. Playout error perhaps?

1 Like

Probably someone got their wires crossed at NPC!

5 Likes

Sadly, in recent years anything 9Perth does ‘in house’ (production or promotion) outside of their regular news programming is usually of community tv quality.
A sad result of losing all of their talented/creative production & promotion staff as local productions etc. were killed of by Nine HQ.

2 Likes

This is horrific.

It’s trivialising the deaths of the women the man is accused of murdering and also trivialising his right to a fair trial with the sensationalistic ‘Is [name] the killer?’. Awful.

7 Likes

New weather graphics for the Gold Coast?

Fortunately not - just a very slow news day and they used a report on the weather as filler (before the first ad break) :slight_smile:

Also seen - insert name here…

Brisbane opener tonight

7 Likes

It often seems Nine Brisbane gets to the scene before Seven?
Seven had a live cross much later…

3 Likes

Unseen footage of Nine and Seven racing to the scene;

4 Likes

Thursday 24 September- 12 pm

Episode 6: 9 News Unmasked

Screenshot_20200923-212430~2

5 Likes

There have been a couple of recent cases of that happening.

I’ve noticed that in those cases, Seven seem to go a bit overboard with coverage of the story the next night to try to compensate :smile:

3 Likes

Newcastle treated like an foreign city in a sign off tonight…

“In Newcastle, Charles Croucher, Nine News”

I think normally a reporter only mentions their location in the sign off when they are overseas?

He was on screen on location covering a car which had crashed off a cliff in the suburb of Bar Beach.

There were a few NBN News mic flags spotted in interviews of witnesses (obviously conducted by a local journo).

3 Likes

There doesn’t really seem to be a consistent style for this kind of thing. Sometimes they do it in areas out of Sydney, other time’s not. I’m not sure how I feel about it.

“Is this story also likely to be carried nationally? Or at the very least, by GTV, QTQ and other stations throughout the network?”

If the answer to those questions is yes, perhaps it’s fair enough to send a TCN reporter up North. If the answer is no, then NBN’s report will probably be sufficient enough in most cases.

1 Like

“… Queensland’s only weather experts who live and breathe their forecasts”

6 Likes

A weird position to put the logo during the promo. Maybe more suited on the bottom left?

3 Likes

What a stupid, pointless promo.

16 Likes

Nine Gold Coast News tonight looked back to 25/09/1990 when 11 people died when a bus crashed at Mt Tamborine. File footage was shown, and a clip of Bruce Paige was shown at the beginning of the coverage saying good evening but otherwise not mentioning the crash.

Strangely the clip of Bruce was from TEN Evening News Brisbane where he was based in 1990.

File footage

Video

6 Likes

Also on GC news tonight, as often happens, a story that was also prominently featured later on the 6pm news. But in this case you had to wait for the 6pm bulletin story to see the exclusive interview with the couple that jumped from the apartment to escape the fire.

Brisbane 6pm promo

The Gold Coast news report.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve noticed a new endboard the last few nights for Alicia Loxley. Uses the good old cowbell theme

11 Likes

30 minute bulletins for Brisbane on Friday 9 and Saturday 10 October.

1 Like