Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Bushfire Emergency Graphic:

14 Likes

If it wasn’t for the continent shapes and the “BUSHFIRE EMERGENCY” text, you’d almost think it’s like something out of Lord Of The Rings!

5 Likes

Standby - Nine News Queensland, Nine News New South Wales & Nine News Victoria is coming. With very familiar faces taking the lead.

12 Likes

As in local Afternoon News bulletins or a rebrand?

Regional bulletins I’d assume?

With former or current WIN presenters?

Ron Wilson pls.

1 Like

The fact that this is being posted in the Nine News thread (and not the Southern Cross one) suggests to me that the “Sydney” and “Melbourne” images and names on the opener will be replaced with with state themes and names.

And that Local News will be presented from Canberra as inserts into the state Nine News bulletins for the Southern Cross regions with the “very familiar faces” doing the presenter roles here.

If this is correct, I wonder what chance NBN will also be asked to follow this format…

Familiar faces taking the lead says to me it’s a new bulletin. Could we be looking at a 5:30pm replacement as a trial over summer?

Other than Nine News Queensland, the 6pm bulletins are named Nine News Sydney and Nine News Melbourne so I would say it is the new local bulletins.

Familiar faces: Samantha Heathwood, Jayne Azzopardi, Jo Hall?

3 Likes

Maybe the Brisbane bulletin is getting a rebrand also to Nine News Brisbane?

Please, no.

I love it when you pop up here lol :smiley:

5 Likes

Perhaps they are rebranded Sydney and Melbourne to coincide with the potential local inserts into the bulletin.

Brisbane’s 6pm bulletin is already branded as Nine News Queensland (and has been for quite some time, if I’m not mistaken), so I’m not sure whether this is meant to be a reference to a slight rebrand for TCN/GTV 6pm bulletins or the establishment of regional news services.

I’m probably going to go with the latter though, because I think we most likely would’ve seen Nine News Sydney/Melbourne become Nine News New South Wales/Victoria with the recent graphics relaunch if that was the plan. Really, why would they bother launching new “Nine News Sydney” and “Nine News Melbourne” titlecards when the names are to become redundant in a matter of months?

One would imagine parochial Novocastrians getting a heart attack if they saw a Sydney-based Nine News-branded bulletin with Peter Overton on their screens at 6pm instead of “their” Paul Lobb & Natasha Beyersdorf! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you were wondering, Nine News Gold Coast was broadcast on Thursday and Friday (solo for Bruce).

The bulletin commences without warning regardless of the action in the cricket.

With Brisbane there was no warning on Thursday and a brief incorrect message on Friday (Brisbane will leave us after the next ball but the bulletin started then).

No advice that I saw or heard to tune to GEM on either station - is this the case in other markets?

5 Likes

Bushfire breaking news super:

7 Likes

I didn’t watch the bulletin yesterday, but I saw this morning that 9 News Brisbane posted a video online yesterday afternoon which featured the new graphics.

Uploading…

Someone buy Channel Nine an atlas…

Breaking news regarding a bushfire “at Cessnock in the state’s Central West”

Missed by that much! (well, a few hundred kms).

2 Likes

Oh lord, that’s pretty bad.

Mind you, this is from the same network who said that Raymond Terrace was “on the state’s Central Coast” on a national bulletin earlier this year. One has to wonder what the NBN newsroom thinks of such geographical errors…

4 Likes