Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I actually side with the video guy, even if he is being a douche online. News outlets are getting lazier and lazier with attribution of content, doing it without even asking a majority of the time. Social media might have changed the way we live but using it as a content library sucks.

Most news agencies would ask and offer a credit on screen/online. That tends to clear them legally and avoids any billing issues. Look at the replies to any viral footage and its news outlets asking for permission to use.

This doesn’t really matter in the slightest. They are agencies but wouldn’t give them free licence to take content with fair attribution. Nine still has to pay AP/Reuters.

Also, a lot of video gets bought by agencies (Storyful) and then they take over distribution rights worldwide.

20 Likes

I tried to clap back at him, he clearly didn’t like that

1 Like

Yep.

He has an argument about ethical use of footage without attribution or asking for permission. No legal requirement in Australia to pay for it. Best of luck to him in his legal argument.

3 Likes

I thought this the very second I first saw the temporary set on air!

Have Nine turned down the lights to save money on electricity?
Reminds me of Hendos quip about having to put coins in the meter.
Maybe we should all chip in and buy Pete some candles to light it up a bit more.

:grin:

2 Likes

Super kerning error

6 Likes

A week of openers from Nine Gold Coast News. Different video of the coast used each day.

9 Likes

Goes for way too long in my personal opinion. Really obvious in the Thursday and Friday openers where the shot is playing at like 2 frames per second!

1 Like

Morning News:

Sydney 4pm:

Sydney 6pm:

13 Likes

Can’t wait for this dreadful set to go.

It only suits TODAY show.

7 Likes

What a mismatch. They’ve chopped off the Opera House! Those swooshes on the verticals don’t match the ones one the bigscreen. Looks strange.

1 Like

Interesting that the newsroom graphic on the monitor behind Cameron in the second last cap has the updated logos, shows that at least that part of the North Sydney set will be updated

1 Like

Need to move the laptop.

For a temporary set it’s not bad. Imagine if the Regional News was using this…

8 Likes

Gives me abc news vibes (prior to their relaunch)

I actually really like this set. Still blows 7 News out of the water!

6 Likes

Cameras are Full HD but the link to NPC is SD.

ABC have the same issue in their older studios across the country. Brand new robotic cameras but an SD output link to MediaHub.

It then has to upscale on the HD channel so it looks kinda ok.

Certainly with you on that.
Especially when you consider the fact that this is temporary

5 Likes

Is this all children eat?

I think he’s mistaken with Santa. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes