Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Queensland using the cold open (same as launch) again tonight.

These remind me of the Sunrise graphics/transitions.

4 Likes

Funny that YouTube thumbnails still haven’t been updated with the new logo/graphics.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed some of the regional FB pages are still posting graphics with the old package too.

2 Likes

Well that’s to be expected. They’ve hardly updated any of the regional profile pictures/cover photos, even thought it seems like a pretty easy job :man_shrugging: . They don’t pay much attention to the regional social media pages, that I’m aware of. .

4 Likes

A metro broadcaster not paying due attention to social media.

Tisk tisk.

4 Likes

Why the hell Brisbane’s the only News Bulletin of their Metro don’t even Mention the Sport Stories or Heading to the Sports Reader before the First or Second Commercial Breaks, even when their’s a Major Rugby League Story as their Main Story???

Not sure where to begin with this post.

4 Likes

Weird, the Perth youtube account has new-style thumbnails.

Perth’s news on Monday night also opened with a breaking news graphic on the big screen. It was very, very red!

5 Likes

Adelaide promos

9 Likes

I don’t understand why all the promos have such different graphics to the actual on air look…

This looks a lot nicer.

8 Likes

There are a lot of misleading claims in there:

• “Adelaide’s best news”
  • “Every single night, at 6pm, our great city turns to Nine”
  • “The best news bar none”

Well the ratings suggest otherwise…

11 Likes

6 Likes

Oh my, all that RED is burning my eyes!!!

:scream:

9 Likes

That’s disgusting.

7 Likes

Perth:

10 Likes

On the new 9 news graphics I have to say I do not like it one little bit. Sadly lacking is the logo with the city / area that the news service is providing. The colours are too bright, too red or too blue. I’m sorry but I do not like it. I much prefer the graphics from 2016 to early 2020

2 Likes

It doesn’t, and that’s the point. “Best” is a judgement of quality, which isn’t measured by the ratings.

17 Likes

Perth’s Best News?

Who could forget the stoush between Seven and Nine over the definition of the word “leading” in 1999?

Nine claimed to have “Perth’s leading hour of News and Current Affairs” when it was Seven News that had been rating higher in the West for years on end.

2 Likes

Why would they get the thumbnails on the perth account and not the Australia account?? Perhaps tonight will change over. But I’ve just seen they’ve already changed it three times, lol.

Also Perth seems to be the only metro area to have their own YouTube channel.

1 Like