Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

We know this camera is available because it is used almost every night as part of the weather report

This is the balcony shot

This is a backdrop that Seven use sometimes when crossing to Gold Coast stories that differs from the local news backdrop.

3 Likes

This is a much better shot for a backdrop.

1 Like

Different times of the year.

3 Likes

The .com.au wasn’t on the supers on the SNSW bulletins tonight … was it like that anywhere else?

RQLD didn’t have it either.

National promo shown during A Current Affair this week:

1 Like

I don’t understand who let that bloody font go on the promos.
It’s so out of place for the Nine News brand…

3 Likes

The font wouldn’t be my first choice, however that promo is much better than the propaganda headline promos on QLD.

The whole brand is well overdue for an overhaul. Standardise your graphics, probably worth ditching 9 News Queensland for A Current Affair: Early Edition at this rate as well.

3 Likes

It’s a shame that they went away from the original graphics/presentation back when it launched in Perth. It looked really sleek then. Not so much now.

2 Likes

Also not seen during the afternoon newsbreak.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, the “.com.au” element has disappeared from the supers in all metro markets. Wonder if they’re doing it to distinguish themselves from Seven News?

Either way, I’ve never really understood the 9News.com.au logo/watermark on local bulletins. They really should’ve been promoting the local Nine News website (I guess 9News.com.au/Sydney, 9News.com.au/Melbourne, etc.?) and social media accounts at 6pm IMO!

2 Likes

No issues in Brisbane (with the supers)

3 Likes

It was probably done on purpose.

Missing from QLD regional

1 Like

I agree, Nine’s Level 17, 50 Cavill Ave location for reporter backdrops is more picturesque than Seven’s.

Seven’s shot appears to be 1.5 blocks further south on Surfers Paradise Boulevard looking towards the Mantra Legends hotel on Laycock St, and only a few floors up.

If I were Seven, I would have gone for a Southport location looking back towards Surfers, and the Seaway during summer.

1 Like

Sometimes, you have to get property where you can.

Seven is on the same floor as 10, but are (obviously) facing the other way.

4 Likes

I didn’t get a cap but 9 QLD has a promo which has the regular title card which says 9news Brisbane instead of Queensland. I’m not sure if this might be a simple mistake by a producer or if they’re slowly changing the name of the bulletin?
I’ve seen it a few times so I’m leaning towards a bulletin rebrand

Given that they have the regional bulletins, it makes sense to rebrand it.

Promo for tonight’s Brisbane bulletin

No news update for the Gold Coast this afternoon.

2 Likes