Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It isn’t even Number 1 now.

Special graphics used for the weather and weather update on Nine News Perth (3/12/2018).

6 Likes

Technical problems occurred during the weather tonight in Melbourne. The camera went from the weather around to Tony Jones on two occasions. Automation strikes again!

EDIT: Video and pictures in posts below mine.

1 Like
13 Likes

Camera issues tonight during the Weather in Melbourne. From the start the camera repositioned live on air on a startled Tony. Then went back to the weather and then it went back out to Tony again (the below caps)

12 Likes

Christmas decorations are up on Cavill Avenue

Also each night a local school sings a Christmas song

Monday

Tuesday

3 Likes

How does this still happen?!

Kudos to Madeline Slattery who didn’t miss a beat during that!

3 Likes

Combined Gold Coast Brisbane news update now being used

That angle in the Gold Coast update looks good! Hope they use it more often. Is there a video anywhere?

Gold Coast tonight

Includes combined Gold Coast Brisbane news update, local news montage with opener, live cross, sport, weather; Brisbane news promo, Gold Cost sponsor board, A Current Affair promo localised to Gold Coast and cross to Brisbane news room.

4 Likes

They really should just make the orange on the set red and make the blue a tad darker it’d fit in with the graphics package quite well, yet still looking ‘bright enough’ for the GC.

1 Like

Bit of an awkward moment at Nine News tonight. One of the news stories (around 12 or 13 minutes into the Sydney bulletin, not sure if other markets carried it) was the arrest of Huawei’s Chief Financial Officer:

Just to refresh your memory about who’s currently sponsoring the bulletin (or at least the pre-2nd ad break “Coming Up” segment):

Just incase you were wondering, there was no disclaimer of the current commercial interests between Nine and Huawei during Ross Greenwood’s report.

I also wonder how Nine News Queensland covered Aldi’s latest recall? Sydney only ran it as a quick RVO in the last segment!

7 Likes

Had to laugh when Overton stumbled over the name of the bulletin’s sponsor during the introduction to that story.

5 Likes

In Brisbane news the cricket was the 4th out of 5 sport stories for tonight. Taking precedence were a story on Johnathan Thurston making a surprise visit to fire fighters to thank them for recent activities, today’s activities at Broncos training and a Tiger Woods media conference about the President’s Cup golf, none of which featured any sport being played.

Not reported.

1 Like

In some ways, news is separate from sales. And then in others…

Though not surprising, the Neil Breen report aired in Sydney used FOX Sports footage, and not Seven’s.

So do we think Nine will follow Seven’s lead and launch a late news bulletin?

I hope so. Would be great to see Nightline (hopefully that is what the bulletin would be branded as) back on air.

1 Like

I’d say it’ll start Monday week, two days before Seven launch theirs. (If they plan to counteract that is)