Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

(Idk wtf the other Nine cameraman is doing…)vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h17m12s015 vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h14m49s054
vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h26m23s647 vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h20m47s087 vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h14m43s136 vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h16m56s935

3 Likes

I don’t think anybody has seen this before!
vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h35m15s443

8 Likes

Their coverage is so great for the press conference that they like to show test patterns!
vlcsnap-2018-08-24-16h51m09s842

5 Likes

A decent amount of coverage on the new PM and a reflection of Turnbull’s leadership tonight. A mix of reporting and commentary from senior reporters.

2 Likes

Chris Uhlmann made a strong comment on the Today Show about coverage Malcolm Turnbull has received from 2GB, The Daily Telegraph and Sky News over the last few years. The clip, uploaded to the Today Show and 9 News accounts, had thousands of views. They have now disappeared.

Although I personally don’t agree with the decision, I suspect one of the reasons the videos were pulled is because there are a number of people who have (or had, like the several current Nine News reporters who were ex-2GB/Macquarie National News Sydney reporters) links to both the Nine Network and 2GB: Ben Fordham, Ross Greenwood, Ray Hadley, etc.

Also despite the Nine/Fairfax deal, it’s probably still wise for a Nine Network reporter not to upset the most popular newspaper in Sydney too much with both Nine Sydney and The Daily Telegraph having partnered together for the sponsorship/support for things like the Gold Telethon for several years.

Ulhmann’s commentary was reflected in Turnbull’s resignation speech. It would be bias to restrict Chris from saying it.

1 Like

Aren’t they still working on a joint venture with Sky? (Your Money)

1 Like

Also uploaded by someone to YouTube, and later pulled by Nine.

1 Like

idk if that person is literate or actually thinks that making fun of people’s names in 2018 is still humorous.

The head to head between Uhlmann and Daily Tele correspondent Sharri Markson is still online. Perharps an issue of balance?

There’s definitely a difference between the OTT promos running in Brisbane, compared to the current Melbourne promo airing:

10 Likes

Screencaptures of last night’s Nine News Special bulletins from every state

Sydney:

!
Graphics blooper for a second

Melbourne:

Queensland:

Adelaide:

Another blink and you’ll miss it moment, and @Salty, yes I didn’t blink.

Perth:

11 Likes

Very dark one moment, very light minutes later…

9 Likes

Nine News GC sponsor of Gold Coast Show

1 Like

Tweet from Today of video showing Chris Uhlmann’s criticism of conservative media reported to have been deleted in error.

The Today You Tube video has been restored; must have also been “deleted in error” :thinking:

2 Likes

The YouTube upload might’ve been restored, but I still wouldn’t be overly surprised if senior network management had quite a talking to Chris Uhlmann over that rant - specifically about how Nine needs to keep outlets like The Daily Telegraph, 2GB and Sky News reasonably happy for various co-operative purposes.

2 Likes

A random Melbourne story aired on the Sydney bulletin tonight about break-ins at Melbourne optometrists and a laser clinic. Slow news day?

I’m sure the usual 2GB types are thrilled that they’re being criticised by their soon to be new owners

4 Likes

Wow 9 News Melbourne so much more classy than the tacky 9 News Brisbane

3 Likes