Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I noticed this new competition on Today this morning.

9 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

I saw “Nine News Now” today for the first time in a while… what have they done to their graphics? They’re a bit of a disaster…

1 Like

Major blooper tonight in 9News Sydney; the back drop behind Deb going completely blank.

EDIT: apologies, it was actually (what appears to be) severe raining in Sydney Harbour!

5 Likes

By the way has anyone noticed how Deb seems to pick up a piece of paper and look dissatisfied at it just before she starts reading after the intro?

10 Likes

I was more intrigued about how the Sydney skyline could barely be seen behind Deb. You can only JUST see the Harbour Bridge on the right.

1 Like

slight improvement

5 Likes

I have no issue with the Nine News sponsored by Officeworks graphic and voiceover as the news goes to a commercial break … but then playing the Officeworks commercial as if it’s part of the news with headlines at the bottom of the screen - I hate that.

12 Likes

I agree, that should count as part of the advertising quota as it’s the “pre-dominant” on screen component…

A small News strap at the bottom does not qualify it as “program content” in my view.

4 Likes

Officeworks getting some extra mileage in the Queensland bulletin tonight - featured in a story on where to get the best “Back To School” bargains, and ‘Tips on how to save’ and even a store manager got a couple of quotes!

12 Likes

Sneaky promo for 6pm Brisbane News giving the impression the ABC/Fairfax story on Craig McLaughlin was “First on Nine” with wipes before and after the story.

Bruce reacts to stories during Gold Coast bulletin

10 Likes

Would still prefer him over Andrew and Darren.

1 Like

I’ll post the GC montage tonight. It looks a lot better with one presenter with the studio looking cramped when Wendy is present. The dual presenter format was in reaction to Seven’s local bulletin in hindsight probably wasn’t needed.

Also the moment there is no cross to the Brisbane news room during the bulletin - not sure if this is a summer issue because there is only one presenter in Brisbane.

1 Like

IMO, Wendy (or Bruce) should front a weekend edition of the GC news. Now that Seven isn’t doing weekends, hopefully Nine can fill the void.

That would be great, although unlikely to happen particularly on Sundays between March and Early October…

1 Like

As often happens the first story on the Gold Coast and Brisbane bulletins was the same - opening for Brisbane in the video.

3 Likes

I see they’ve taken off the ‘Nine News Gold Coast’ coverup at some parts of the bulletin. Looks much better without it.

6 Likes

I don’t think it is intentional as it did appear throughout the bulletin

4 Likes

Minor backdrop blooper; some sort of glitch on the left of Deb which i’m sure will be better explained by the tech-heads on here :joy:

6 Likes

Did you not notice the random purple UFOs hovering around the city this evening?

3 Likes