Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Someone from Ten must have turned up (or the vision was pooled)!

Edit - and Seven

1 Like

Camera angles look different. They may have sent cammos but not journos.

He said he was sent he only reporter. No mention of other cameras there or not.

Interesting that it is very wet on the Harbour tonight… Meanwhile at my place it is not as heavy as this behind Pete!

7 Likes

I thought the exact same thing!

2 Likes

I’d personally be very surprised if Nine News made major branding changes to their news service next year, because it’s only been in the last 12-18 months that they’ve launched new sets and graphics in every market to go with things like new regional news services and 4pm bulletins.

Of course that’s not to say I don’t think there’s elements of Nine News’ branding that could be improved on. But because the current look is still relatively new, I can see them continuing with it for all of 2018.

6 Likes

I would like to see them do a refresh of the Cool Hand Luke theme music.

3 Likes

Is news starting at 6pm and cricket on Gem?

Or news delayed / shortened and another program (ACA / RBT) dropped?

1 Like

I agree. After almost a decade of continuous use, the current Nine News theme is starting to sound tired, dated and is now used in ways (eg, Newsbreak bed) it was never originally intended to.

Realistically though, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Nine don’t touch the theme music for years to come - particularly after 2006 and Seven News’ more recent attempts (IMO, Seven News’ current theme sounds like someone’s been listening to the “Game Of Thrones” theme too much!) to update their theme music.

Nine seems to be going for the 2nd option.

2 Likes

The EPG on Nine Sydney is just blank… has been for 15 mins now

2 Likes

Get rid of the cricket rubbish and put on the news. People won’t be happy if they cut the news and don’t show their local news window

5 Likes

Don’t get why it isn’t moved to Go or GEM but I’m not complaining. More cricket in HD!

5 Likes

Hitch waiting in the studio for cricket to finish so he can start tonight’s bulletin.

6 Likes

Seven will be happy, boost at 6pm.

Nine will also be happy, rare cricket in prime-time, boosting their share too.

2 Likes

just saw and advert for 9 news western victoria which said it was starting at 6 lol

not for people waiting for 9 local news lol

EPG now shows 30 min bulletin at 7pm for Sydney, and ACA at 7.30pm…

Will be interesting to see how the local windows for regionals are impacted. Perhaps they will just not take ACA.

2 Likes

It’s probably the best outcome Nine could’ve hoped for today, as Nine News after cricket over-run will probably rate around what ACA does.

ACA at 7:30pm should rate higher than Home and Away (triple epsiode).

But it means RBT repeat will be against Good Doctor (partially) and be belted.

Seven may also have won 6pm-7pm (extra viewers who normally watch Nine, but don’t watch cricket), depending on the cricket ratings.

Even this is wrong. Past 7pm and no news.

2 Likes

7.02pm and still no news lol

2 Likes