Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

For the “Hot Seat” news cross tonight, Sydney had a great big BREAKING NEWS slide and BREAKING NEWS graphic on the video wall … no other headlines were mentioned… (it relates to an NRL coach)… I haven’t seen them do this before.

And it wasn’t even worthy of it. In my opinion an NRL coach donating a kidney a ‘couple of days’ ago is not breaking news worthy.

Also tonight the wide shot after the headlines was way over exposed tonight.

7 Likes

The camera “dropped” on Amber during the weather preview tonight.
There was a grey glazed look to it as well…

8 Likes
3 Likes

Obviously a gremlin in the system. It’s dollying down and it’s trying to recalibrate the pictures contrast :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, though to the casual viewer, it looks like the camera man must have gone to sleep.

1 Like

Looks to me like the gain was turned onto a really high value.

Koincidence of the Kentury? Tonight on Get Krack!n:

5 Likes

it was Krazy Klunky Kamera Kapers night, that’s fur sure!

2 Likes

Peter Overton in a news update has just said that Sydney can expect “three months worth of rain in one day” (presumably tomorrow, which is the only significant rain on the BOM forecast).

Their forecast says “up to 25 mm” … The monthly average at this time of year is about 80 mm… Hardly 3 months worth.

5 Likes

Three months worth of hyperbole in one sentence?

2 Likes

More “7 First” “First on Nine” silly buggers today with “exclusive” interviews (according to the intro to the story on Seven) with the rescuers of the sole survivor of the sunken trawler off the Queensland coast.

Seven Afternoon News had “7 First” watermark

At 6pm

Nine had an interview in their 4pm news with the couple who “has spoken to Nine”.

The interview had a watermark for the updates to the 6pm news.

Surprisingly Nine also watermarked this footage from the previous day that had been seen across all networks.

Over on TEN at 5pm:

I’m wondering, due to the lack of a Nine mic in shot in any of the footage if the interview was pooled or from a freelancer:

11 Likes

Gerogie just made an on air apology on Nine News Sydney for showing an incorrect image of a victim of a fatal hit and run in an earlier story.

3 Likes

Morning news moves to the Sydney set from today.

7 Likes

About time… I think all national bulletins should be coming from that set.

it now matches the First at Five bulletin that’s coming out of Melbourne on the weekends.

1 Like

Caps:

19 Likes

That looks so much better, using the net as it should be. Wouldn’t mind seeing TODAY done from there one day.

1 Like

Perfect :ok_hand:
Hopefully the local Sydney 4pm news is done from this set as well.

4 Likes

Ugly backdrop. Should be FAF national newsroom backdrop.

2 Likes