Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Timing error this afternoon.

5 Likes

I would personally prefer an ad to go between the two news bulletins (with the afternoon news getting a proper titlecard like the Morning news etc). Would make the transition slightly smoother than the rough cut and the abrupt beginning of the local news.

2 Likes

What’s with having the national weather flicker on the bottom of Sydney’s 4pm news?
Why not have NSW/Sydney based locations only.

2 Likes

I have no clue. should be updated. Quite odd that no other local statewide bulletins use a flipper.

1 Like

Nine Live Queensland having audio problems this afternoon.

1 Like

thanks thanks thanks! i’ve been searching for this bulletin for a while and couldn’t find it (also searching for some rx coupons because of health issues and lack of money but that’s another story). thanks again, at least i found something :smiley:

1 Like

How long has it been since QTQ did local morning news?

Turned on today to watch for news of a high profile missing person case but not local.

I think there was a local edition of Nine’s Morning News for Queensland on Monday, but they returned to airing the Sydney-based edition for the rest of the week…possibly due to the Las Vegas Massacre coverage?

They haven’t aired it since Monday all the rest of this week has been national. Might have something to do with the Las Vegas Massacre.

1 Like

Nice cup on the desk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

17 Likes

Jonathan Upton presenting 9 News Queensland tonight.

2 Likes

5:45pm Newsbreak

1 Like

8 Likes
5 Likes

No Queensland Morning news again today and probably the rest of this week.

Doesn’t look like it based on update

3 Likes

How come?

1 Like

The lead story of Nine News Now this afternoon was the incident in Sydney, with a woman’s body found in an alleyway, and a suicidal man on a balcony. They made no effort to de-identify the man or afford him any privacy.

Whether he is involved in the woman’s death or not, broadcasting a suicidal man seems beyond insensitive and unethical. The Nine News online article even acknowledges his well being, beginning with the words a distressed man. This will no doubt be broadcast on later bulletins, and other networks.

To add insult to the situation, today is headspace day, part of National Mental Health week which will undoubetdly be used as content for Nine News today or later in the week, telling us how to help and respect people going through a tough mental health time.

This might be for another thread, but what are the actual laws surrounding situations like this? Can the media just indirectly link an identified individual to a crime? And are there no ethical guidelines followed when broadcasting people not of sound mind?

4 Likes

They can’t link a person to a crime after he’s been charged. If he was charged and Nine aired this footage, they may be held in subjudice contempt of court.

2 Likes

Who knows. Maybe the bulletin was quietly axed.