Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Next week, Nine News Sydney will be doing one of it’s favourite annual viewer competitions again (which leads to the question, does Nine Sydney participate in any form of sponsorship or partnership with Taronga Zoo?):

The first night tonight of Nine Darwin receiving 9 News Brisbane, and it appears they’re receiving the bulletin live tonight from 5:30pm-6:30pm local time.

1 Like

So that’s probably what will happen on weekdays.

I would’ve thought that tonight’s 5.30pm-6.30pm airing of Nine News Queensland in Darwin was a one-off, to accommodate for live NRL Finals coverage.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the case.
I was more just commenting on the coincidence that the first bulletin from QLD will be live.

2 Likes

Lizzie Pearl in Miami showing a deserted beach. Let’s hope Nine lets her leave too.

4 Likes

Brisbane didn’t bother providing any weather for Darwin besides on the national forecast map:

7 Likes

In Queensland

Australia was followed by the usual QLD map - thought they could have widened the coverage of this part to include Darwin.

4 Likes

And despite the clear media pack in the picture, it was supposedly a ‘First’ (according to the title transitions) - for the court appearance of a ‘Queensland’ celebrity who was born, lives and works in Melbourne.

8 Likes

There are these tourist leaflet/brochures that I’ve seen in nearly every tourist hot spot in Darwin / NT that have Nine News logo on the bottom:

5 Likes

Seems like these leaflets need a refresh, as they no longer have a locally-produced commercial bulletin after 35 years.

1 Like

Would’ve hoped that they could’ve at least done a prerecorded weather segment for Darwin.

I hope they regret that decision moving production to Brisbane… they pretty much ditched the Darwin broadcast in favour of regional local news which isn’t going to do well anyway.

1 Like

I am hopeful that Nine’s regional news will do alright presenter-wise, although I do feel sorry for Darwin viewers on weekends because:

1. They are getting irrelevant news from Brisbane (Seven is another offender on a nightly basis in Darwin)
  2. Darren and Alison…enough said
5 Likes

Southern Cross in Darwin show an even more irrelevant news than Brisbane … they show the Melbourne bulletin in Darwin.

5 Likes

I hope that Nine will at some point consider producing a Darwin-only weekend regional bulletin from Brisbane. Bring in Jono to present news and read the weather, with Paul staying on sport.

1 Like

It is only in (very) recent years that Darwin got it’s own, complete local weekend bulletin. They used to only do a local news insert into TCNs weekend bulletins.

2 Likes

Nine’s executives are going to be absolutely wrapped with the Cowboys v Sharks elimination final going into Extra Time - Nine News should get a pretty big lead-in which will set up the rest of tonight for them in NSW and QLD.

5 Likes

I’m not :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 Like

Lizzie Pearl is still reporting for Nine News in Miami and judging by the abandoned 1st live cross (due to technical difficulties, the cross back was fine), she looked thrilled to be there in a jacket with the unused 2008 Nine News rebrand logo…

8 Likes