Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Space restrictions?

2 Likes

What about where they broadcast the news for the past few months while the new set was being assembled?

I think that studio is mainly used for other productions, like children’s programs (if I’m not mistaken, there’s going to be a new kids game show for 9Go! produced in Brisbane soon).

Perhaps that studio space can’t accommodate a massive, permanent set because it is also used for other productions such as the Queensland football talk shows and commercials.

1 Like

I think the main factor is that the current regional is a minimal set up with just one camera? Anything bigger would require multiple cameras and switching.

Video shows the set:

2 Likes

Which Nine thinks is not viable, I guess? Nevertheless, they’re starting to think of ideas to slowly improve their news service: yet having a 20% positive feedback.

I’m curious, what is the layout of TCN Studio 2 to accommodate Today and the NRL Footy Show. I would presume that set components would be movable.

Yes.

These videos might interest you - note that they are a number of years old so some of the details (and shows) will have changed - but it gives you an insight into the space and the workings of TV studio.

The one is a time lapse of studio 21 from 2010. I believe the latest news set is not able to be moved as easily (if at all) but it shows how the space can be used for many different shows in short space of time.

1 Like

Multiple Bloopers on Nine News Now today with the backdrop behind Amber saying - ’ Warning Framedrop ’ then before that packages wouldn’t play going to black.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Another Darwin montage:

Whoops:

10 Likes

Mostly speculation, but confident in my common sense theory:

The 6pm news and Today (also used by Sport Sunday) have their own, large sets, so they would naturally need their own studios.

4pm news would be in 23 so that they can simply keep staff on after Nine News Now instead of up and moving to 21. 21 may also be prepping for 6pm.

Early and Morning News don’t need the massive 6pm set, much easier logistically to use 23 and 24 (though Early News could probably get away with using 24 too).

1 Like

Adelaide and Perth only have one studio, little options there.

Just use the local 6pm News for all bulletins.

There would be a constant setup and look right around the country.

Another promo

4 Likes

The live shot background for Nine News Perth seems to be the default one used throughout the day. It’s only the 4pm and 6pm bulletins that have the custom one. All the news updates today have been the live shot.

Maybe when summer draws near, they revert back to it for the 6pm bulletin.

Quick question. We know that Adelaide and Perth have only one studio for news (and likely a “talent-operated small space” or TOSS cupboard), while Sydney has four studios. I know that Melbourne has at least one large studio (large enough to fit Nine News and ACA a few years ago) and a TOSS, but how many do Melbourne and Brisbane actually have? Just curious.

GTV has one big studio for News / prev. ACA and Footy Classified, a small studio for Kids WB, a TOSS studio and a makeshift studio for 9 Regional News Victoria.

1 Like

After decades on air, tonight is the last night of a locally produced bulletin of 9 News Darwin.

Is anyone able to record it?

7 Likes

I’m sure that @Abesty is onto it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes