Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Interesting how Darwin has different weather graphics compared to the other state bulletins. Where is Jonathon Uptin?

2 Likes

Probably moving to Brisbane, where he’ll soon be co-presenting the “streamlined” Darwin bulletin + the regional Queensland editions with Samantha Heathwood?

News promo:

At 4pm Darwin takes the Sydney Afternoon News. I’m not surprised they do this since Nine Darwin has always been closely linked to Nine Sydney (such as taking some of its news on the weekend in the past, and taking NRL Footy Show/NRL games):

News Update in that bulletin (yes, it went to air cutting out too early at the end as is in the video):

Another Update:

6 Likes

Another promo - Tonight 6.00 end tag but aired just now:

6 Likes

Any sources though if they’ll keep the Sydney Afternoon News or they’ll switch to Nine Live Queensland once local production in Darwin ceases?

1 Like

I wonder what if we will see any change to the set when the local QLD news becomes a two-header? Do they have the space at Mount Coot’tha for a bigger set? Darwin’s will be going begging.

1 Like

Jonathon is on annual leave for four weeks. He will be back next week to present the final bulletin before moving to Brisbane.

4 Likes

Another promo:

3 Likes

I’m willing to bet that they do have the space for a slightly larger set, but as they spent the money on the current set barely 1 month ago, I’m not holding my breath.

But I do agree, the QLD bulletins at the very least need a slightly more spacious and versatile set.

2 Likes

Two Darwin Updates:

4 Likes

Oh dear

13 Likes

Nighttime Darwin Updates use the News Computers background:

4 Likes

That’s raelly bad

4 Likes

Is that Nein Sndney?

4 Likes

Interesting to see them using the large NEWSBREAK title. As far as I know, this was dropped from all the other states (or never used at all)

2 Likes

Geez. That Generic 9 News card dates back to those Instagram updates in 2013/14

2 Likes

Yah.

Theer speling weely puts them be hind the ate bal.

1 Like

Another Darwin montage and caps from tonight - weather was Live from Alice Springs:

Darwin background:

12 Likes

If they shipped the current Darwin set to Brisbane, the QLD bulletins could have a 10 y/o set just like NBN! :joy:

At least the look would be consistent…

6 Likes

Let’s keep dreaming. Hahahaah.

1 Like